My mum is amazing!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anonaw

Reaction score
So last night my amazing mum helped deliver 10 puppies!

My mum helps out loads of sight hound rescues including Hounds First, and a few weeks ago HF saved a lovely saluki cross lurcher from being out down at the pound. She was then sent to a lovely foster home. A week of so later they noticed Lena the lurcher had a round belly which was strange as the pictures from the pound were of an underweight lurcher. After scans they found out she was due to have 8 puppies within a few weeks!

So last night the foster mum Bernie informed the rescue that Lena had gone into labour and the puppies were coming out, only for Bernie to then fall seriously and dislocate her hip. My mum the superhero was able to be there in 5 minutes and take over with another woman who also lived close by.

12 puppies were born but unfortunately the last 2 didn't make it and one is a bit smaller than the others and isn't very warm, but Lena had 10 healthy pups with only one needing hand feeding!

My mum then went home late last night to her own dogs and then this afternoon has gone back round to puppy sit!

I just wanted to say how amazing my mum is and how cute these puppies are! We don't know what breed the dad was (as we also think there were multiple litters) but there are two white and black spotty ones and 8 Black and Tan. There are 5 girls and 5 boys aswell.

All the puppies and mum Lena will be rehomed but not for a few months yet.

So here are some pictures
e4a5u3uh.jpg
qy2yjy9a.jpg
9y3edute.jpg
eru8a6am.jpg
avety4ub.jpg

Fab!! Well done you two :) love people who live animals x

Well I didn't do anything I was miles away but I was being moral support and had my eyes glued to Facebook for updates. But my mum was brilliant as a couple of puppies were breech aswell.

Oh noooooo... You've only gone and fuelled my desire for a little puppy!! They look sooooooo adorable!

What a lovely person your mum is! Hope her friend recovers soon too!

Wow your mum should be a midwife! Give her a huge hug when you see her and show her this thread and she'll be over the moon :) x

saja4y7e.jpg

Some more pictures my mum has sent me whilst she's been looking after them today.

py4azaty.jpg

What a fantastic mum and so lovely to hear a daughter speak so highly of her mum Xx

Incredible woman!

They are so adorable!!!! I want several xxx

Sent from my HTC One X+ using SalonGeek mobile app

Wonderful mum!!

Gorgeous puppies!

xx

Awww my heart can't take the cuteness!!!

Well done MummyHuman and MummyDog!!! <3

Aww so cute.. Fair play to your mam xx

Meet Loca. A black and white spotty girl from Lena the lurchers litter
zatyturu.jpg

Me and my mum also named pup a Black and Tan girlie called Lottie :)

Some more photos today just incase you need anymore cute pics
ena6a7u5.jpg
qupeha3y.jpg
arevy2a5.jpg

Awwww puppies! kjnfdbjhbnmmks so cute!!!!

Also the fact that you speak so highly of your mum almost brought a tear to my eye, you are a lucky lady indeed as is your mum :)

This is Lottie the one me and and my mum named and I must say she is my favourite!
ze6aju4a.jpg

Latest posts

Back