My mum is sooo lazy with her hair, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beanhead

Reaction score
Right then, I don't know if anyone else has this problem, my mum is really lazy with her hair.
My mum is 50 years old, I colour her roots every 4 weeks, and trim it regularly, her hair is quite thick and course and it is quite wavy, however it is not a nice wavy it just sticks out everywhere.
She is a wash and go type of person, no matter what I say she will never do more than just wash and brush it. I do blow dry it for her when I can but the majority of the time she just leaves it, it looks messy and is not a good advert for my business.
In the past I have chemically straightened it which helped get rid of the wave and curl but it was damaging and because she wouldnt even blow dry her hair it just didn't look nice.
I am interested in finding out more about keratin blow dry treatments,
if I was to do this should I expect any damage?
Will it be affective on course/wiry hair?
After these treatments how would the hair look if left to dry naturally?
I have seen that global keratin do a sample pack for about £30, has anyone tried one of these?
Does it have everything I need?
Also what is the process for these treatments?
Sorry for all of the questions, I have seen some info about these treatments on other threads but just wanted to put all my questions forward. I'll be grateful for any help/advice!

Any advice geeks?

Hi Hunny, I'm a nail geek so can't answer your technical questions but your post heading caught my eye:lol: hehe.
My daughter (age 14) has got extremely frizzy/coarse/wavy hair and she had the Brazilian keratin treatment and omg it looked fantastic! Even on her lazy days, when she just washed and left it, it did still go wavy, but silky wavy not naff wavy like before. However, my daughter does have long hair and I'm presuming your mum has shortish hair??. My friend has got a short graduated bob that used to frizz in the weather and she also had the Keratin treatment and although it looked lovely and smooth and silky, it took too much volume away where it went flat/dead straight. So although she had the lovely silkiness it was always a bit limp looking. Incidentally, we were wondering if it's possible to have the keratin treatment, but start an inch or so down from the roots (which don't go frizzy) so that your'e still able to get some volume/root lift when blowdrying????? Sorry I can't be of much help but thought I'd let you know the different outcomes on short and long hair. Hope you find your answers:hug: xxx

Thanks Hun, I'm keen to hear as many opinions as possible my mums hair is just below shoulder length, I'd like to cut it short but she won't let me yet, to be fair though considering she doesn't make much effort she always gets mistaken for my sister and has been asked for id lately so she can still get away with longer hair.
I think it sounds like a good option as the odd kink or wave isn't the problem it's just the frizzy, bushyness. If I was there to use some smoothing products and blow dry it daily then it'd be fine but she can't or won't do it herself.
Hopefully I will get a few more responses but it looks like a good option.
Without knowing much about these products I would assume you could avoid the root area so as not to lose root volume.
Cheers babe. Xxx

Latest posts

Back