Mystery shopping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Faylizzie

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

Ok so a bit of back ground for you first....
Soo I've just put an offer on my first house an it's been excepted! Yay!
But now I'm worried! I'm a self employed mobile therapist and have been for 2 years, I've built up a fantastic clientele and earn a great wage. But now I'm at a point where I'm thinking ok so I have to pay my mortgage but what if I have a quiet month??
I know ill more than likely be able to meet the repayments as im kept really busy but I've been thinking of doing something flexible along side just incase I have a quiet month. I was looking online & found mystery shopping an it seems it would suit me quite well.

I was wondering if any of you geeks do it alongside your business? If so how do you find it works alongside your work or business? Is there a better company to work with in? Any advice or info you could give me would be greatly appreciated!!

Thankyou :)

There is a fantastic mystery shopping thread on moneysavingexpert.com. Its full of in depth information. It is in the up your income section of the forums.

Ohh fantastic thank you ill have look now :) xxxxx

Just found it! It's amazing, just what I was looking for! Thank you xxxx

I do mystery shopping but you certainly cant count on a regular income. Some companies pay £3 or £4 per visit and re-imburse you a pre set figure for specified purchases, I find the best paying ones are in the financial sector, eg savings, mortgages, bank accounts and so on. They pay between £18 and £25 per visit but your vivit usually takes about 45 minutes to an hour, are in depth and you have to write a lengthy report afterwards as well as filling in a questionnaire, uploading voice recordings or video footage. You could spend 2 to 3 hours on one job which includes your research beforehand, your visit, time taken to get there and back and compiling your report, Submitting the report and dealing with any queries raised by the proofreaders.

It sounds fab in theory but if you are busy at work it does take a big chunk of your free time, also the Estate Agent, Building society, bank and financial services checks ordinarily need to be carried out on weekdays and you have a VERY tight deadline to complete the visit once it has been assigned to you.

If you live in London you will get a steady supply of assignments but I live in Norfolk and get offered on average 8 per year and once I have done a branch I cant do one again in case I get recognised. I don't regret signing up but I could never survive or rely on an income from Mystery shopping living where I do. It is nice for a bit of pocket money once in a while and that is all.

I do some work for ISC ( International Service Check) They seem to pay quite well

Aww that's fab thank you for the info, I'm just wanting a little something just to boost my income on a quiet day(s) it's more for piece of mind that I have additional income on days it's quiet. I also hate having days off so I want something to keep me busy lol!

Would anyone have any other suggestions for a bit of extra income that's flexible?

Xxxx

Aww that's fab thank you for the info, I'm just wanting a little something just to boost my income on a quiet day(s) it's more for piece of mind that I have additional income on days it's quiet. I also hate having days off so I want something to keep me busy lol!

Would anyone have any other suggestions for a bit of extra income that's flexible?

Xxxx

I pet sit, feed cats, rabbits, walk dogs etc, you can do this before and after work, during the day, or whenever you are free. Depending on what the client wants, but you would have to dicuss that with them, works really well with me and fits in around my other work.

Latest posts

Back