Nail adhesive

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melbee

Reaction score
Does anyone else have a problem with NSI polybond sort of loosing time on its sticking ability after a few weeks? or do all nail adhesives do this. I find I have to hold the nail tip in place for at least 20 - 30 seconds before it will bond properly.
Its not the client either, I just tested it out on myself, hubby and son. All warm hands too!

I stopped using it! Wastes so much time x

I haven't had any problems with it, are you making sure the nail plate is properly prep'ed and scrubbed well with cleanse?

I use the The Edge after many brands etc they are one of the best for resin ..

Sent from my LG-P970 using SalonGeek

Funny you shoud say this, I've had one and did a set of new tips yesterday and its wasn't sticking the way it was before, thought I was going mad!!

I've half a bottle left

So if that's the case what one would people recommend using?

I've found this too one thing I love about polybond is the brush though! Can anyone recommend any other brush on adhesive that's more effective?

I prefer ezflow brush on

I have used NSI brush on adhesive for so many years now I can't remember how long it's actually been and not had any problems with it at all.

You will find you have to hold the clear tips a tad longer but the key to making sure it sticks is when you are applying the pressure, make sure it's even and do not change the the pressure you apply for at least 10secs.
Don't roll your thumb over the tip as you apply pressure, just apply tip correctly and place pressure on and do not move. I then usually come in and use the NSI tip squeezer tweezers to make sure the wings of the tips are attached properly.

The nail adhesive works by applying pressure to the tip so if you do this in with even pressure and for the correct time, you should be fine.

so, glam & go and Maz101 what do you use instead? I need a quicker set time, as 10 - 20 seconds per nail wastes too much time. :D

so, glam & go and Maz101 what do you use instead? I need a quicker set time, as 10 - 20 seconds per nail wastes too much time. :D

Just thought I would pop back in and let you know that after you mentioned that you feel a 10 to 20 sec set time is too slow for you, I went and applied some tips using my normal NSI brush on adhesive and used different tips incl clear tips and the most that any of them took to adhere was 7 sec and this was the clear tips that can take fraction longer to adhere.

I think that time is acceptable:) but I know everyone has different thoughts on what's ok and what's not ok.

Like I said, maybe try and change your pressure and see if that helps because no matter what adhesive you use, you will always have to apply the correct pressure to get it to work correctly.

I hope you find a solution to your problem soon cause they can be frustrating:)

I've a couple of adhesives here that I picked up yesterday, I'm doing a set of gels today so will try to make sure I don't change to pressure, will see how it goes.

I will test other adhesives on myself 1st, so when I do a new set this week will do 1 hand in one lol other hand in other one

I'm waiting to hear for S2 as I would like to try their gel bond as have a couple of clients with ridges due to one thing or mother and heard that gel bond maybe better for them.

Latest posts

Back