Nail art and top coat chipping off on day 2

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
This is on me, not a client btw.

I have done one-stroke floral nail art with acrylic paints on all 10 fingers, over the top of my French tipped acrylic extensions which have Glaze & Go over them, so the nail art was applied OVER the glaze & go.

I did a base coat first, then the design, then 2 x OPI top coats.

Today I can see pieces of my design are missing from every finger.

If I was a client I would not be impressed.

What did I do wrong or what could I do instead? (Am going to order a Lumos topcoat soon btw but thought OPI would be ok)

thanks xx

whenever you do something over a set of enhancements you can miss out the base coat. also as the glaze and go is very shiny it could be that what you did over the top didnt stick properly, you may want to try buffing the glaze and go missing out base coat and straight on with nail art then top coat xx

apply the glaze and go over the nail art. You would not do this on natural nails but it absolutely fine on extensions x Lovely high shine finish and nail art secure.

In addition to your top coat comments. I have used OPI and its okay but Lumos is by far the best I have ever found, you will love it ! x

apply the glaze and go over the nail art. You would not do this on natural nails but it absolutely fine on extensions x Love high shine finish and nail art secure.

In addition to your top coat comments. I have used OPI and its okay but Lumos is by far the best I have ever found, you will love it ! x

apply the glaze and go over the nail art. You would not do this on natural nails but it absolutely fine on extensions x Lovely high shine finish and nail art secure.

Thanks for that . . . . sounds great. Would I just buff to a shine using the 3-way buffer and a little oil, and then paint on the design? Or would the use of the oil be a bad idea? Maybe I should do the design after using the white buffer?

Thanks so much for the help . . . .

Latest posts

Back