Nail art charge

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerGirlNails

Reaction score
Hi there! I am still struggling to price nail art. Currently I charge around $1 per nail. I have one client who comes in and wants a different design on every nail, which winds up being tedious and time consuming. I only charge her $10 extra in keeping with my prices, but her sets usually take me around 2 hours instead of my 1 hour and 15 to 1 hour and 30 minutes.

What does everyone else charge for 10 fingers of designs? Or price per finger?

Thanks!

I list my shellac nails on three levels:
Standard colour £x
With simple nail art £x +£3
With complex nail art £X +£7

This gives me a sliding scale that I can adjust according to what they have.

I like that a lot CFBS

Nail art cheeses me off sometimes. I'm not that arty so along with my stamping and glitters I bought decals. The little ones that sit in the middle of the nail are easy enough but last night I did some that had a specific picture and writing and had to be in a certain exact place or you couldn't see it all (covered the whole nail).

So for infill & shellac in 45 mins I charged £27
Then 30 mins farting about with decals £3

Hmmm. This is why I break out in a cold sweat with nail art lol

And no I won't be ordering any more decals [emoji13]

We charge $5 for two finger designs....$10 for 10 simple finger designs...$15 for complicated finger designs...we charge extra if the client wants a lot of bling bling/charms :) I personally think $1 per nail is too low to charge, but I guess it also depends on your location and what your nearby competitors are also charging.

I tell my clients $2/nail but the price is subject to change based on difficulty and materials used. For regular nail art clients I tell them they're open to send me pictures of designs they like for a price quote- that way it also helps me to make sure I am timing my appointments correctly.

I tell my clients $2/nail but the price is subject to change based on difficulty and materials used. For regular nail art clients I tell them they're open to send me pictures of designs they like for a price quote- that way it also helps me to make sure I am timing my appointments correctly.

Great idea! I try to encourage them to send pics, for my own practice, but sometimes they don't even know what they want until they come in. I need to probably have them pinpoint a few ideas and quote prices so when they come in for services, they aren't shocked!

I recently quoted prices to two new clients off pictures they had sent me. I used my new pricing formula which I will slowly be introducing to my regulars in January. I was surprised that they were ok with the (what I thought were) much higher prices than I had been charging, and booked both of them, plus the sister of one of them.

I guess I haven't been charging enough all this time, and after a year of working and suddenly being in high demand, I can go up on prices for my art. I just don't want to lose any of my first regulars! They've become like family to me and helped me build my business!!

I am very limited on how many regulars I can take. I teach full time, so this is a side job for me. But I'm kind of put out that I have some people who give me the bare minimum even after 2 hours work, when I could replace them with other clients happy to give extra for my extra time.

Acck!!

Latest posts

Back