Nail disaster!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debbie. T

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I wonder if you can help.
I qualified as a nail tech about 3 months ago and was so confident, but now I seem to be having nothing but problems. I'm using the edge acrylic system, prepping the nails, using a primer and then applying acrylic however they seem to come off in a matter of 3-4 days. The consistency isnt too dry, it doesnt go cloudy. I dont get it on the skin.. i just don't understand!
Can anyone help?
Thanks

Hi Debbie, can you talk me through your usual nail prep as 99% of the time this is why you get lifting etc because you are not doing prep correctly.
Also is this on all clients or just odd few?

Hi Debbie, can you talk me through your usual nail prep as 99% of the time this is why you get lifting etc because you are not doing prep correctly.
Also is this on all clients or just odd few?

I push back the cuticle and scrape the sides, nip whatever i cant get with the cuticle tool. File to take down the shine, dehydrater and file natural nail to fit the ridge of the tip. i apply primer after the tip. Its the majority of them.. ive had one or two stay on for about 2 weeks but then even they just come off whole

Hi ladies, I wonder if you can help.
I qualified as a nail tech about 3 months ago and was so confident, but now I seem to be having nothing but problems. I'm using the edge acrylic system, prepping the nails, using a primer and then applying acrylic however they seem to come off in a matter of 3-4 days. The consistency isnt too dry, it doesnt go cloudy. I dont get it on the skin.. i just don't understand!
Can anyone help?
Thanks

Hi Debbie,

Do you use a primer and a bonder? Also, do you apply them to your own nails or someone else?

Hi Debbie,

Do you use a primer and a bonder? Also, do you apply them to your own nails or someone else?

I use a primer after ive finished buffing the tips, before i apply the acrylic. Someone elses nails..

I use a primer after ive finished buffing the tips, before i apply the acrylic. Someone elses nails..

Have you tried dehydrating the nail before you prime the nail?

This is what I do:
I push back cuticles and nip whatever needs to be, buff the nail and remove the dust, apply Bondaid and apply the tip, buff the nail once again and remove the dust, apply Bondaid again and also Bondex afterward, then I apply acrylic.

Last edited:
Hi Debbie
Have you been doing these on different people or the same person? It could be their nails. Are there nails bitten? And are u sure they're definitely not picking at the extensions after they've been Applied.some people don't like to say if they've had a wee pick!
Have u used any other products other than the edge?

Hi,
Normally I'd say it's all about prep and not the product but on this occasion I'll be completely honest and say the edge acrylic products are absolute pants!!
I'd personally do a conversion with a different brand and you'll get a better result.

Obviously it goes without saying that prep should be thorough and to check there are no air bubbles when applying the tips and all the other things you learnt on your training. But I'm yet to meet someone that can keep the edge acrylic on their nails.

Or order a sample kit from a different brand and try that (obviously brand training/conversion is very important to learn how to use different brands products to their full potential) but I'd just try it and see how you find using a different product
Xx

Latest posts

Back