Nail extensions etc on therapists and healthcare professionals

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skingeek78

Reaction score
I wasn't sure whether to place this in Skin or Nails. Basically I wanted to get some of your thoughts on this one.
I am pretty old school, when I am working my nails are short and without products, mainly because they are constantly in gloves and being washed as well as for the obvious hygiene issues.
Firstly what do you think about Therapists and Healthcare professionals who wear longer nails or extensions with or without polish? I have seen recently Dental Assistants with full on enhancements and a Phlebotomist !! It doesn't sit well at all with me am afraid, in my previous clinic all staff, even reception no enhancements or long nails due to preventing cross contamination.

My second question is can some of you who do Shellac or other Gel polishes please tell me if there are issues for therapists to wear it on short nails, does it cause allergy to the client during facial treatment/massage, also for the hygiene is this acceptable?

Latest posts

Back