Nail extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megznailz

Reaction score
Quick question about nail extension tips, which do people prefer to use?.. Full well extensions or half well?.. I was trained in half well however after using these I didn't find that they lasted very long and weren't as strong I then went on to use full well extensions of which I would stick the full well onto the nail and then use too blender to blend it into the nail.

However I was just curious what little ways everyone else had and which they preferred? :) xx

Quick question about nail extension tips, which do people prefer to use?.. Full well extensions or half well?.. I was trained in half well however after using these I didn't find that they lasted very long and weren't as strong I then went on to use full well extensions of which I would stick the full well onto the nail and then use too blender to blend it into the nail.

However I was just curious what little ways everyone else had and which they preferred? :) xx

How do you find the full well. I find that they cover too much of the nail plate.

I seem to get on ok with them, however they are time consuming as there's obviously more tip to blend therefore I'm curious as to how everyone else find the half well tips. xx

When applying a full well tip you can cut them down and file the tip round so that you don't need to kill the clients cuticles filling . This is particularly helpful for clients whose nail beds are deep or sunken in and skin is fleshy I am bad at description but I hope you understand.

I use both full and half well tips I have a couple of boxes of French too.
I look at the shape of the tip as I need tips that fit clients with a flat nail and with c curved nails so depends which tips suit which clients. Although I best like sculpturing it's much easier then using tips.

Half or full well tips both last just as long to answer your one question. I think it's important to use quality tips that makes a difference to weather they split crack when client decided to slam her hand in door or fridge door slips with wet hands and nails get pulled back (painful shame)

Just practice as much as you can and you will get better. I found that was best idea for myself with doing things.
I apply glue to tip then the tip to nail not the glue to nail then place tip I find this works better and less glue run on to client skin or cuticles.

Good luck x

Beauty at your finger tips!

Yeah i have tried this with the full well tips too! Will have to find a good strong brand of tips to use and see if this makes much difference!

Thank you ever so much for your help!! 😊 xxx

Yeah i have tried this with the full well tips too! Will have to find a good strong brand of tips to use and see if this makes much difference!

Thank you ever so much for your help!! 😊 xxx

What product are you using?

I mainly use IBD gel system but I have recently found some good strong extensions tips which are salon services brand, I have also used cuccio extension tips in the past, which brand extension tips do you suggest? xx

I mainly use IBD gel system but I have recently found some good strong extensions tips which are salon services brand, I have also used cuccio extension tips in the past, which brand extension tips do you suggest? xx

What problems are you having with the tips you are using?

No major ones just very time consuming using the full well ones, therefore I just wanted some advice :) xx

I use Nsi elation tips they have a heaped tip which called cross country they full well.
Both are poly flex technology erc and blend quickly and effortlessly.
I used to use natural tips from Calgel oh my word I hated them took me over half hour or more just blend them in and so thick and cost quite a lot.

Don't buy rubbish off eBay unless it's from a proper brand I tried to see some coloured tips and wow such rubbish not even funny . And u apply glue these other tips used to split and so bad not even worth it.

Never used ibd so can't comment on those.

Beauty at your finger tips!

Thank you will have a look out for the NSI ones, yeah I would never purchase anything for nails like that off eBay, wouldn't dare chance it. Never actually know what you're getting either!

Thank you so much for your help!! xxx

You shouldn't really have trouble with either tip as it's just a platform for product nit a Strengthening aid. When applying tips I use either well size, buff them to thin them our and cut away as much well as possible. Apply glue, apply tip and they should blend in with a few light strokes of ur file. No bottled blender, no heavy buffing is needed once you get the knack of it xxx

Latest posts

Back