Nail gems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oasis

Nail Mad
Reaction score
Hi Everyone. Just looking very enviously at some of the amazing acrylics and gels on Instagram.
Some of the jewels are huge and look stunning but are they really practical for everyday clients?
How do you get them to stay on? Do they snag in hair etc?
My limit on nail art it gel with a bit of glitter as I'm a bit rubbish but would love to try some of these designs on clients. Just don't want people coming back because they aren't staying on.
Thanks. Xxx

They can snag if they are large however I wear them often and find you get used to them.
I apply the large Ines with clear acrylic and build up underneath to add strength and to avoid snagging where possible.
If you look at naio nails on YouTube, Kirsty Meakin shows how to attach 3D nail art in her videos.

I use smaller ones with gel polish I usually use the top coat to cure it

I use quite large gems and the 3D versions.
I apply a small area of uncured gel, place the gem and then wipe around. Once cured I use a thin brush to paint top coat around the gem sealing it in.
With the 3D gems I do the same but before top coating I place more hard gel around the gem, cure and topcoat. This means it's all surrounded by gel and therefore no scagging :)

Latest posts

Back