Nail polish, I'm confused

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs Jess

Reaction score
Hi guys, so sorry if this is such a stupid question.

I have just recently decided to do a gel extension course and I'm looking into products that I need to buy - I'm looking at nsi at the mo.
(MY BRAIN IS FRAZZLED WITH THE AMOUNT OF PRODUCTS THERE ARE OUT THERE LOL)

So.... My question is:

Can you use 'normal' good quality nail polish/varnish on a gel extension?

Nsi has misa, so is that what I would buy?

Thanks girlies (and guys)

Hiya, yes you can use traditional polish on a gel extension and it does last longer than on the natural nail alone. The secret is making sure there is the appropriate 'Key' on the surface of the gel extension to ensure the polish adheres to the surface.
I was taught that if you use a high gloss gel sealer to then 'Matte' the surface lightly with a soft 280 grit buffer, remove dust and apply polish finishing with the normal top coat. To remove the polish you just use a non acetone based remover or lightly buff off, as part of your infill or rebalance. Or alternatively you can skip the gloss sealer and refine the surface as in the finishing steps of the extension and go straight to applying polish.
Hope this helps x:)

Thanks so much lores. That's great

You are welcome...and not a stupid question :0). If you haven't already try Vinylux polish it's great and has a amazing gloss finish and super quick dry time x

I'm in USA - I do not know anyone who gets nail polish over gels....-
Honestly when I used to have my nails done I wouldn't consider it, nor was it offered anyplace I went. I wanted to pay & leave with completely dry cured nails- I didn't just pay $40 for a fill to sit under a nail drier..... I was in one salon that offered a price for example fill $28 includes just clear or pink & gel gel OR nail polish- gel polish over hard gel was $10.
1 Lady refused to spend more the then the $28 & did nail polish- other then her - never heard or saw it again--- interesting!!

Latest posts

Back