Nail problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SiennaKate

Reaction score
So I'm due to start training in Sept with CND.
I have had all sorts of enhancements and shellac on my nails...
4 weeks ago, I was having my shellac reapplied and I noticed how weak my nails were, (my nails are usually beautifully long and strong) The Technician applied a gel overlay and then the Shellac...I went back to the salon for removal, but my nails had got worse, my nails were extremely soft and brittle. We agreed to cut the nails below the free edge and was advised best to gel and shellac again.

My course is in 7 weeks and my nails are in terrible condition...I am religiously rubbing in the solar oil. I really think it's time to go natural and get let them grow stronger.

The Technician advised to apply more gel because they are peeling and tearing down the nail.
But I really wanted to try CND Rescuerxx but that works better on natural nails.

In up against time, so I don't know what to do for the best.

(Can I just add, I am currently on alot of medication which I've been on since the birth of my baby)

So I'm due to start training in Sept with CND.
I have had all sorts of enhancements and shellac on my nails...
4 weeks ago, I was having my shellac reapplied and I noticed how weak my nails were, (my nails are usually beautifully long and strong) The Technician applied a gel overlay and then the Shellac...I went back to the salon for removal, but my nails had got worse, my nails were extremely soft and brittle. We agreed to cut the nails below the free edge and was advised best to gel and shellac again.

My course is in 7 weeks and my nails are in terrible condition...I am religiously rubbing in the solar oil. I really think it's time to go natural and get let them grow stronger.

The Technician advised to apply more gel because they are peeling and tearing down the nail.
But I really wanted to try CND Rescuerxx but that works better on natural nails.

In up against time, so I don't know what to do for the best.

(Can I just add, I am currently on alot of medication which I've been on since the birth of my baby)
My ladies have been using RescueRxx over their shellac & are getting fantastic results!

Thanks, I've heard some great reviews. I'm wondering if it will be worth having ridiculously paper thin nails whilst the treatment gets to work. I'm a bit terrified of further splits! :(

Leave them with nothing on!! More gel will not help if your nails are already weak! Lots of solar oil, rescuexx or IBX !

Cool...I will get the RescueRxx and try that out. Would love to try IBX, but no one near me offers it!!
Thanks for both your help

Latest posts

Back