Natural nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ali

Reaction score
Hi everyone ! I started to do my own gel x to save money and I think i developed onycholysis , my question is , is it possible to still apply gel x to my nails but removing weekly to trim my natural nails ?

Hi everyone ! I started to do my own gel x to save money and I think i developed onycholysis , my question is , is it possible to still apply gel x to my nails but removing weekly to trim my natural nails ?
Anyone have advice ?

If you have onycholysis, it's best to keep the nails short and free from product, applying cuticle oil twice daily, until the nails recover. The weight of the product and constant application and removal is only going to make your nails worse and worse case scenario is you develop an allergy and can't use any nail products, not even regular nail polish. So just keep the nails bare for now x

You’ll need to stay away from product until the separation has gone. Keep your natural nails short and oil them twice daily.

If you have onycholsis on one finger, it's probably the result of some kind of trauma. But onycholysis on a bunch of fingers points to a problem with a product. You need to remove the product and trim your nails. Keep your nails short and clean and be gentle with your nails. Use a good cuticle oil twice daily. if you're not sensitive to it, applying a diluted tea tree oil twice daily would also be good. You might also consider taking some supplemental biotin.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back