Nail professionals in San Diego?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kendra619

Reaction score
Hi all, I am wondering if anyone in here knows a professional who can do a set of nails that will last... I am a nail biter and usually get acrylics but I'd like to eventually get solars just to keep them looking decent and not stubby but also not ruin the nail bed. Anywho, I go to a typical nail shop and my nails start popping, pulling, lifting, and breaking after a week and some change. It's disturbing because I pay usually 30 + to get these crappy nails... If anyone knows a person in the San Diego area who is a professional who understands my situation, can do long lasting nails (I'm willing to pay more for quality!), and is capable of copying styles that I bring in, please inform me of their contact info!!! I'm tired of the expense that turns sour when I have to return to the shop after 5 days to get repairs! :rolleyes: THANK YOU SO!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you are paying a low cost for low quality product :(

There are TONS of qualified, highly skilled techs in San Diego, but you aren't going to normally find them anywhere that you see a sign advertising SOLAR NAILS.

Solarnails are in a word, ACRYLIC. As are UV Gel, and Fiberglass wraps. The difference between all of them, without getting too techy, is basically how they cure, or harden.

On that same note, SOLARNAIL is actually a cross linking liquid and powder acrylic system created in the late 70's by a company named CND. And as it stands now, this product is no longer being produced. So not only it is an older technology, it is now no longer being produced, and more than likely is expired product IF it is in fact used on you.

Now I hope this isnt all to overwhelming, but it's also important for you to know that nail products DO NOT do any damage to the natural nail. Any damage is caused by your TECH aggressively filing or removing, or by you picking and prying at your enhancements.

You can also expect to pay anywhere from $55 and up for a good set of enhancements. I charge $85 for a brand new set, and $55 every 3-4 weeks for a rebalance (AKA FILL). I am booked about 3 weeks out, and my nails never lift or experience any other service breakdown.

If you want more info and a referral in your area, pm me and I will shoot you specs on a great tech with tons of training- :)

Latest posts

Back