Nail repair charges

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmberStevens1

Reaction score
How much do you charge for a single nail repair

Standard price here is 3€ for a normal nail. Not too long, not too elaborate.

One 10th of rebalance price

One 10th of rebalance price
This is what I charge as I find it hard to justify otherwise.

However it does cheese me off because if they come in with a remaining bit to be soaked or buffed off, by the time you've tipped and overlaid even without shellac it can be 20 mins or so ... Still thankfully only the odd repair or so usually, but it seems to take much longer to do one on its own as you have to wait for it to set or cure (and a whole hand could cure in same time)

Whinge over sorry lol [emoji23]

This is what I charge as I find it hard to justify otherwise.

However it does cheese me off because if they come in with a remaining bit to be soaked or buffed off, by the time you've tipped and overlaid even without shellac it can be 20 mins or so ... Still thankfully only the odd repair or so usually, but it seems to take much longer to do one on its own as you have to wait for it to set or cure (and a whole hand could cure in same time)

Whinge over sorry lol [emoji23]

I throughly agree...but....when I tried charging more (in the beginning) my clients wouldn't come back, so they'd pick and nibble and generally trash the rest as one was knackered so it didn't matter. That ended up costing me more time and effort at rebalance time, so i decided cheaper was a better incentive to bring them back

I charge £4 per repair due to the time it takes.

I throughly agree...but....when I tried charging more (in the beginning) my clients wouldn't come back, so they'd pick and nibble and generally trash the rest as one was knackered so it didn't matter. That ended up costing me more time and effort at rebalance time, so i decided cheaper was a better incentive to bring them back

Absolutely, got to keep the bigger picture in mind [emoji6]

As with gel polish removal from another salon, I have a set price per 15mins of repair time, if a client broke one nail and it took me 15mins i charge €7, if it took me 20-25 i'd charge €14 , If they broke 2-3 nails i could prob fix them in 25mins and i would still charge€14. i find the opposite by charging for my time they look after their nails better because they don't want the cost of a repair.

If they chose to trash their nails between rebalances , i would charge for a full set as opposed to a rebalance or if they were really bad a removal and new set :)

... badass nail tech [emoji41] ha ha

As with gel polish removal from another salon, I have a set price per 15mins of repair time, if a client broke one nail and it took me 15mins i charge €7, if it took me 20-25 i'd charge €14 , If they broke 2-3 nails i could prob fix them in 25mins and i would still charge€14. i find the opposite by charging for my time they look after their nails better because they don't want the cost of a repair.

If they chose to trash their nails between rebalances , i would charge for a full set as opposed to a rebalance or if they were really bad a removal and new set :)

... badass nail tech [emoji41] ha ha
Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant !

How do you respond when someone (say a regular) messages/phones and says "I've broken a nail, how much to fix it?" It's a bit like asking how long is a piece of string as if you're going to charge by the time, how can you be accurate before you've done it, iyswim?

Sorry not meaning to be awkward but just wondering what you'd say. [emoji5]️

Hi Mrs Loyal Client,

Firstly is there any pain, or bleeding?

(it's rare to have a bad break but clients get annoyed if you drag them down to the salon only to tell them you can't work over it, if there is pain or bleeding or any open wound of any sort i recommend they wrap it with a plaster and call me in a few days when there is no more pain)

Ok great, the usual price is €7 per 15mins of repair, If the nail needs to be removed and reapplied it's generally €14 or if i can work over it and get it done in 15mins it will only be €7, i can give you a more accurate price when i see the break :)

I should point out that i rarely need to remove a nail unless there is bad lifting or a crack , most clients take a corner of the length of the enhancement or break the tip of the nail off and in these instances i can file it back to the tip of the finger and quickly sculpt and new nail tip for them :)

Wonderful, thank you!

Latest posts

Back