Nail Repair - sculpting/building?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs.Greg

Reaction score
Okay - I just joined this forum today for some questions I have... I used to get my nails done religiously for years and have used acrylic to gel nails. About a year an a half ago I stopped getting them done when I noticed 1 was lifting and my entire real fingernail was also lifting from the nail bed. I let these nails come off and that fingernail completely came off. Since than 2 others have also come off - from being so damaged from the continuous artificial nails.

I checked with my primary physician as well as a dermatologist. The 3 fingernails are not infected in any way - including fungal infections. What is left on those 3 fingers is the begining of nails coming however I have the tendency to pick at them... something I really don't know I am doing it's a bad habit/OCD.

What can be done with these nails? Is there a such thing as building onto these nails or sculpting? I would like to do something as soon as possible because if left alone I am afraid I will keep picking at them and they will never grow out.

Last edited:
I apologize if I posted in the wrong forum... just noticed I think this is for professionals only... sorry!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back