Nail sculpting - hard gel treatment times

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1434cundell

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been qualified in nail extensions using hard gel for about 3 years. I use Rock Hard Nails by Artistic. I've never really been confident and about a year or so ago I trained again directly with Louella Belle, I passed no problems. However I'm still not confident!!

I have applied a set today and in total it took me 3 hrs and 40mins!!!

I just want to know if this is normal or not?

I've just completely relocated and am starting my nail business from scratch again and initially left this service off my price list but have had quite a few people asking for extensions (mainly acrylic) that I decided to try again with sculpting.

I just need to know if my time is way over what it should be.

I've tried to upload a picture of the ones I've done today but it's not letting me.

I'd say your time is long. In order to pass my gel sculpting exam I had to finish in under 2 and a half hours. I think most practised techs can do a set in about one and a half hours.

I'd say your time is long. In order to pass my gel sculpting exam I had to finish in under 2 and a half hours. I think most practised techs can do a set in about one and a half hours.
Thank you. I thought it was too long. I just feel like giving up but i really want to do them

It does seem long but it might be worth timing yourself at different stages so you know which bits are taking too long then you can look at how to reduce the time

It does seem long but it might be worth timing yourself at different stages so you know which bits are taking too long then you can look at how to reduce the time
Yes I think this is a good idea. I remember looking at the clock at one point and thought I was doing well but the clock said otherwise!!

Latest posts

Back