Nail Technology VTCT Level 2 advice please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fruitbat

Reaction score
Hi all :)

My first post here on Salon Geek *waves*

I'm looking for some advice about the VTCT Level 2 Nail Tech course. I currently work full-time so am looking to study for my VTCT on an evening part-time course as I have always wanted to gain the skills to be a nail tech - I am from the Nottingham area so have been looking what options are available to me. I have found 2 colleges that offer this course however there is a massive price difference between the two and I wondered if any of you would have any idea why that is?

One college is New College Nottingham, and they offer the course for a Thurs evening over 17 weeks and the fees are £798.50 + £50 for the kit. The other college is North Notts College and they offer the same course on a Thurs or Tues eve over 12 weeks for £279 with kit inc in the course with the option to buy after.

So we're talking about a £600 difference here! I can't understand why this would be.. Obviously I am thinking about picking the cheaper option as I get the same qualification at the end of it, but have my concerns that the course may not include the same training.. or is there is a standard syllabus for the vtct?.. Help! :confused:

If any of you have studied this course I would love to hear about your experience and if it benefited you in becoming a professional nail tech.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to read my cry for help and look forward to your replies! :Love:

Fruitbat xxx

If they are both VTCT certificates at the end I would go with the cheaper one because they are the same qualification. Maybe ring them both up and get more info on the exact training of both xx

You should check they have your age/status correct as they may be trying to claim funding for you to which you aren't entitled. Do this before committing. .

Latest posts

Back