Nail treatment timings?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautygirl1977

Reaction score
Hi guys, how do you know exactly what the client wants/needs so you can get your timings right?
Most of the time with me people have removed their nails themselves or decide they want nail art etc so I'm usually running late or have a big space!
I'm in a home salon so try to leave a bit of a space between each person but I'm loosing a lot of time and money!
Thanks

How do you ask them what they want when they book in? Are you asking exactly what they want? I kind of do a mini consultation with them before i book them in!

I know how you feel :(

When someone books in with me, I repeat what treatment they are having at the end of the phone call. I will then either email/text/call to confirm appt a day before asking to make sure they have removed nail varnish etc before treatment.

The amount of people I have come in that say... Oh I thought it would only take 5 mins to remove this, or I only want nail art on a few fingers. I seem to have a few that change there mind when they get to the appt. my husband keeps feeling me I need to be former and say "no sorry you have booked in for ...... Treatment and that's the time I have allocated" I know he is right, but I've just started back up and want to build up my client list again. xxx

How do you ask them what they want when they book in? Are you asking exactly what they want? I kind of do a mini consultation with them before i book them in!

Thanks for the reply.
Well most of them are rebooking but sometimes they change their mind in the middle of the treatment!

When someone books in with me, I repeat what treatment they are having at the end of the phone call. I will then either email/text/call to confirm appt a day before asking to make sure they have removed nail varnish etc before treatment.

The amount of people I have come in that say... Oh I thought it would only take 5 mins to remove this, or I only want nail art on a few fingers. I seem to have a few that change there mind when they get to the appt. my husband keeps feeling me I need to be former and say "no sorry you have booked in for ...... Treatment and that's the time I have allocated" I know he is right, but I've just started back up and want to build up my client list again. xxx

I'm the same as you I'm trying to build back up my business after I made a huge mistake moving so I'm doing my best to keep everyone I can. I would like to put my prices up too but think its maybe not the best way to go just now and put them up in April?

Leave an extra 15-30 mins for problems like this - removing nail polish is part of our job! I personally feel it is unreasonable to ask clients to do it themselves... They come to us for a service and to save time by not having to do it themselves. If its shellac or a gel polish I can understand your frustration as that's a different service altogether, but normal nail polish? It DOES only take 5 minutes to remove.

Nail art is also a good money maker because you can up sell... Why would you turn down extra work? Again, it only takes a few minutes to do and you can earn an extra couple of quid. It's also great for advertising - nail art gets NOTICED which, in turn, will gain you new customers.

Xx

Leave an extra 15-30 mins for problems like this - removing nail polish is part of our job! I personally feel it is unreasonable to ask clients to do it themselves... They come to us for a service and to save time by not having to do it themselves. If its shellac or a gel polish I can understand your frustration as that's a different service altogether, but normal nail polish? It DOES only take 5 minutes to remove.

Nail art is also a good money maker because you can up sell... Why would you turn down extra work? Again, it only takes a few minutes to do and you can earn an extra couple of quid. It's also great for advertising - nail art gets NOTICED which, in turn, will gain you new customers.

Xx

Yes it only takes 5 mins to remove nail polish but when you've had 3 clients after each other come in with nail polish then change there minds on what they want it makes the 4th client appt about 20-30 mins late as they are still unsure of what to have.
I've started to add an extra 10 mins on, but trying to pick up my speed again after stopping for a while due to pregnancy.
I agree nail art is a great way to make a few extra pounds. But like I said when they are unsure and can't make there mind up its adding time on to appts and I always seem to have the last client running late :( fingers crossed I pick my speed up again and this won't be as much as problem for me as it now.

Any tips will be greatly received :D xx

Latest posts

Back