Nail varnish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazmine

Reaction score
Hello comming over from the hair side...

I am a colour tek and am very lazy at wearing gloves- so end up with smokers nails. Used to have overlays as they didn't stain like my real nails do from colour. Expecting our first baby so Won't be able to get nails done in salon-time and money :-(

Are there any really good chip resistant nail varnishes Out there---my hands are in and out of water all day! Thanks guys

Hello My sister is a hairdresser and she swears by Salon System's French kit. I'm not sure if they have a coloured polish collection though. It's cheap and cheerful and stays put on her for a good week.
I use OPI and CND on my clients. The CND base and top coats are excellent.

P.s a good tip when applying polish is to wipe the surface of the nail with acetone based polish remover just before you apply your base coat. This will take any surface oil away and prevent chipping.

Tracy x

Thanks Tracey will look into that...smokey yellow nails are not a good look!

I've always found Barry M polishes quite good, but best invest in a really good base and top coat and when you're polishing just flick the brush over the end of the nail to seal it x

Latest posts

Back