nails and retail for fashion show

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neko

Reaction score
I've just started renting space in a small hair-dressing salon. The owner has a friend who owns a botique clothing store, and they've cooked up a scheme to have a fashion show in a few weeks.
We're still in the early phases of brainstorming ideas, but I'm pretty sure I'll be expected to do the models nails (whether that means enhancements or polish will depend on the individual I assume). It seems that I'll be offered a stall to sell a few retail items from, and generally be allowed to "work the crowd".
My boss is big on free hand massages. I was wondering if you have found this to be effective in drawing in new customers, or if I would be better off devoting time elsewhere?
I'm considering offering promotional vouchers, but I can't decide if I'd be better off to offer a discount on services or free nail art. Perhaps a special "pamper package", i.e. mani + pedi upgrade to enhancements available. Opinions?
As far as retail items go, I am financially limited. It makes little sense to me to buy a bunch of stuff that I may not be able to move. Can anyone tell me what they have found successful retailing in these circumstances? I need inexpensive and easy to transport items.
Since there hasn't been an indepth talk about my role in the fashion show yet, perhaps you guys could give me some advice and throw me some ideas for things that I can bring up with the organisers or things that I could do to promote my business?
I'd really appreciate anything you could contribute, I'm very new to the salon side of things having only operated mobile until now, and this is the first time I've been involved in an "event" of any description!

Latest posts

Back