Nails Inc. interview

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Creative Keren

Creative Nail Studio
Reaction score
Hey so I'm pleased to say I have an interview tomorrow with nails inc in Birmingham! I'm wondering if anyone has worked for them before and if so should they recommend them as an employer? I had a look at their prices online and their signature express mani is £18! I was gob smacked. I'm assuming that's because they are trying to attract high end clientele? I can't find anywhere about the rates of pay or hours and the woman I spoke wouldn't give me a straight answer over the phone but said we can discuss this at interview (which I understand but worried me slightly as it seemed that she was hiding it for a reason?)

I was a concession manager for nails inc and loved it. Great experience and great products. Has it's good and bad points it's retail so the hours are shocking but it's great experience. What are you doing now? X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

good luck! nails inc is heavy heavy retail, the money is ok but the main advantage will be what you can learn from them oh and it will look great on your cv

Thanks for the good luck wishes. I'm currently renting a station in my friends salon but she's leaving soon so was looking into taking the salon over myself but the security of a employed role is very appealing. ( along with the staff benefits :biggrin: )The issue I have is I'm a single parent so not looking forward to long retail hours.

The staff benefits aren't great so don't go for that. It will be great on your cv (as mentioned) and good experience. I missed my kids because of the hours and Christmas was awful but I did love my job. Go to the interview and see what you think. I love the flexibility of being self employed and my clients are impressed that I worked for nails inc so it has been a great selling point x I also use nails inc polish the colours are amazing the nails inc concept is as a fashion brand not beauty as the owner thea is from a fashion background. She is fab at what she does xx

I left nails inc not long ago, they were constantly under staffed and I had to switch between 2 branches so all the staff who were off would get calls everyday asking us to work and a guilt trip about 'not being flexible' if we said no so it was impossible to have plans outside of work. Sales plays a massive part in the job too. Good luck and I hope you're experience is different to mine but if you're looking to be self employef aswell I would specify you want set hours and make sure they know you have other commitmemts xx

So... After selling two 'gel' polishes, doing a express mani and booking in three other manis within 40 mins of being there and a (what I think was) a solid interview, they offered me the job then and there! I turned it down though :-( just wasn't a company I could get excited about but thanks to all of you for your support :hugs:

selling two gel polishes? they sell gel polish to the public? last time i went in the south molton street nails inc all they sold was traditional nail varnish

hope you made the right decision - nails inc are as big as they get xxx

selling two gel polishes? they sell gel polish to the public? last time i went in the south molton street nails inc all they sold was traditional nail varnish

hope you made the right decision - nails inc are as big as they get xxx

They're a new range with gel-like finishes :biggrin:

The reason I say 'gel' polishes is that they are not actually gel polishes at all they just have the high gloss shine of a gel and look like a gel polish but is a standard nail polish. The reason I turned it down is that they stated I would be required to work until 10pm and shifts would alternate monthly but over a 7day week. I can't do that as I am a single parent also I didn't like the fact that they stated that as a requirement I would HAVE to wear only their nail products and they would dictate what shade I would be required to wear along with my make up...even though they don't sell make up. She said " you have to wear foundation, a pink blusher, two shades of eyeshadow, no eyeliner and that would be checked on a daily basis" I thought are you actually kidding me?!?!

Haha that's mad! My area manager wasn't that bad!!!! Don't get the make up rules very strict but it does help sales if you wear a certain polish so you are sent the latest polish and you have to wear it. The hours I retail are shocking xx hope u get something sorted xx

The gel polish is a gel effect and it is lovely. They offer bio sculpture gel manicure's and there own gel polish which is dreadful. They don't sell uv gels to the public x and if u did all that in 40 mins no wonder they wanted you i would have loved you on my team :-D

The reason I say 'gel' polishes is that they are not actually gel polishes at all they just have the high gloss shine of a gel and look like a gel polish but is a standard nail polish. The reason I turned it down is that they stated I would be required to work until 10pm and shifts would alternate monthly but over a 7day week. I can't do that as I am a single parent also I didn't like the fact that they stated that as a requirement I would HAVE to wear only their nail products and they would dictate what shade I would be required to wear along with my make up...even though they don't sell make up. She said " you have to wear foundation, a pink blusher, two shades of eyeshadow, no eyeliner and that would be checked on a daily basis" I thought are you actually kidding me?!?!

Wow that's ridiculous!

I worked for them years ago when they opened their store in Fenwicks Windsor....not a great experience I have to say. Hours are long and they are often understaffed as already said, targets are big and prices of treatments are insane! Pay is rubbish £6.00/ hr and they promise you can bump up hourly rate with sales - ha!
Training is ok.... And is fine to do the treatments when you have the stock to do them.
I ended up falling out with the area manager because if her lax standard and leaving.
I complained to her boss and was offered another job at another site instantly.... Which I declined!!
Good luck honey. X

Latest posts

Back