Nails| Kimmie Kyees On Katy Perry's Superbowl Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
Unless you've been living under a rock, you'll know that America's NFL is not-so-slowly crossing the pond and gathering some pretty serious fans in the meantime. So, on Sunday, when the New England Patriots took on the Seattle Seahawks in the end of season Superbowl game, it was kind of a big deal.

Of course, if you were Katy Perry, it was a HUGE deal. Performing at half time at the Superbowl is probably the most watched performance on US TV so, it was no surprise that Perry went all out when it came to her onstage attire.

With no less than four outfits to match, Perry requested the help of manicurist Kimmie Kyees to create a suitable Super Bowl manicure. Kyees used Orly's class cherry red Star Spangled (obviously) but explained that she was pretty nervous.

"I just kept thinking, ‘this is probably going to be the most famous manicure of my entire career – 17million people are going to be posting images that have a little bit of my work in it,'" said Kyees.

Earlier in the week Katy showed off American football inspired toe nails on her Instagram account, also created by Kyees.

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• Screen-Shot-2015-02-04-at-09.20.57-197x300.jpg
    Screen-Shot-2015-02-04-at-09.20.57-197x300.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 101
  • Celeb-Katy-300x300.jpg
    Celeb-Katy-300x300.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 81

Latest posts

Back