Nails not staying on hairdresser?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pixie28

Reaction score
Hi guys

I work with hairdressers and one of them, no matter what I try just can not seem to keep nails on!
I have tried acrylic, hard gel and most recently Brisa Lite gel which I have just started using.
She is very heavy handed which she admits herself. Also being a very busy hairdresser with her hands in water and colours all the time doesn't help.
I have thought about all the things it might be and have narrowed it down to these.
She is on anti depressants, she has polycystic overies, her nails are in bad condition from a year of going to NSS salons, her job and being heavy handed.
Has anyone got any ideas what it could be or had anything similar?

I do the same nails on other clients and no one has a problem or any coming off, including other hairdressers!
She was going to the Chinese salon before and these are the only ones that stay on her. Obviously I have explained the dangers of these places, but when it's the only thing that stays on her nails, I'm a bit concerned she is going to go back there again.

Kate x

P.s I do her toes and no problems there x

Do you do her nails after she's had a day off?

Remember nails can be swollen with water for up to 24 hours. If you apply any product to a nail that is swollen the product sets to that shape. Then the excess moisture evaporates, the nail shrinks and lifting occurs

This effect is far worse on some people whose nails swell more ...

Hi, yes I did them 3 days after she worked. She had worked since though? X

Good. That's very important with hairdressers

In that case it comes down to a weak foundation.
If she has had her nails overfiled previously in the past then there is no strength to the natural nail. Which for pro products is the base we build to.

Nss nails work by creating deep groves that their cheap product can hold onto
But this can mean up to 30% of the nail plate is torn away to expose the soft core layers

Pro products need the stronger surface layers for a strong base.

Hopefully within a few months as the nails grows out you will be able to establish a good enhanent grip onto the new growth

Till them it's like trying to build a house on sand...

Hi, yes I did them 3 days after she worked. She had worked since though? X

Working after application is fine. Once the product is sealed to the plate moisture won't swell the plate to cause lifting

Hths

So glad I saw this, I always have issues with Jessica geleration on hairdressers!! I always assumed it was because of the water and I thought the tint in their nails may also cause issues x

Thank you so much for your replies. I think it is probably more to do with the bad state of her nails than her job. I have sold her some solar oil and told her to use loads. Hopefully I can convince her to grow out the damage and then try again.
I do have a feeling she will go back to the NSS though as they stay on her nails.
It's infuriating when we are trying to look after the nails! Grrrr x

I could've written this post myself as one of the stylists in my salon is exactly the same!

I did a set of Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel extensions last week and the day after they literally all lifted off! And that was with thorough PEP.

Shellac only lasts a week, but she says that's the only thing that lasts longer than a couple of days on her.

I'm really at a loss with what to do to her nails.

Has anyone else got anymore suggestions please? Xx

Latest posts

Back