Natural nails peeling

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi, I have been doing my Mother-in-laws nails and over a month ago I noticed that her gel polish kept peeling. When I removed the products I then realised it was actually her top layer of nails that was peeling away at the tips. I haven't put any more gel polish on her and have waited for them to grow out... They haven't and they continue to peel? Is there a reason for this and how can I help? Is there a product I can use to help stop the nails peeling?
Picture attached isn't her nails but this is what it looks like.

Attachments

• splitting-nails.jpg
    splitting-nails.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 25
Hi, I have been doing my Mother-in-laws nails and over a month ago I noticed that her gel polish kept peeling. When I removed the products I then realised it was actually her top layer of nails that was peeling away at the tips. I haven't put any more gel polish on her and have waited for them to grow out... They haven't and they continue to peel? Is there a reason for this and how can I help? Is there a product I can use to help stop the nails peeling?
Picture attached isn't her nails but this is what it looks like.

CND RescueRxx used on a daily basis will help to reduce peeling.

This is usually down to dehydration, what products do you use for removal? If it's pure acetone you may want to invest in a quality remover with added siin conditioning oils to help alleviate the dryness. She should also be using a good quality cuticle oil daily too

Latest posts

Back