Natural Tips Blended

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauz

Reaction score
Critique on these would be much appreciated. Its the first time i have ever done this shape (always do squoval/square) so would like to know if i'm on the right track or not.

I have picked out a few faults (especially looking back at the pics!), just want confirmation that i am right!

They are natural tips blended, and then perfect color pink in all 3 zones, I was trying to create a bit of a natural look.

Thanks x

PS if i can work out how to add more pics, i do have different angles.

There are a few comments. Overall they are not bad nails, but a few subtle touches would make them so much better.

They need to be slimmed down at the free edge line; they are too wide at that point. A true oval or almond-shaped nail is slimmer than you have it and unfortunately it makes the nails look too heavy over zone 2 and out of balance.

It is tricky to get all your zone 1's the exact same shape too but you must do so.

Overall finish needs to be much smoother. The surface almost looks 'grainy'.

So in a nut shell, a little slimming at the sidewalls. Consistent shaping on all, and more time spent finishing and you've cracked it.

Thank you Geeg, for taking the time to comment.

I love it when these things get pointed out, as I can really notice them, where as I didn't before.

You can't really see it on the pic but i my zone 3's are a bit 'bald' on some nails, because i am trying to get zone 3 flush without touching the skin, its hard but i am reading and working along side nailclass so i am getting a bit better.

Thanks again x

Well done on a nice set of natural looking nails.
I think the pinky looks a bit thick but it could be the angle of the pic, the thumb tip seems to be overblended on the right hand side (the bottom of the pic), it can be hard to make the blending uniform on all nails when trying to achieve the natural look, but overall I think you've done a good job :D

Well done on a nice set of natural looking nails.
I think the pinky looks a bit thick but it could be the angle of the pic, the thumb tip seems to be overblended on the right hand side (the bottom of the pic), it can be hard to make the blending uniform on all nails when trying to achieve the natural look, but overall I think you've done a good job :D

Thanks for the comments. For some reason the first nail i do (normally the pinky) is always the thickest, i don't know why but it really bugs me! I think i will give that one a bit of extra filing to see if i can make it look thinner.

Thanks again you have helped me loads xxxx

Thanks for the comments. For some reason the first nail i do (normally the pinky) is always the thickest, i don't know why but it really bugs me! I think i will give that one a bit of extra filing to see if i can make it look thinner.

Thanks again you have helped me loads xxxx

The reason for the thickness of the pinky is that if you start with that nail you automatically make a normal sized bead and of course it is way too much product for a pinky.

While you are learning, it is a good trick, to do the index middle and ring fingers first (as they are all similar in size) THEN do your thumbs and pinky fingers as by this time you will have got your 'eye in' and know that you must go smaller in bead size for the pinkies and larger for the thumbs.

The reason for the thickness of the pinky is that if you start with that nail you automatically make a normal sized bead and of course it is way too much product for a pinky.

While you are learning, it is a good trick, to do the index middle and ring fingers first (as they are all similar in size) THEN do your thumbs and pinky fingers as by this time you will have got your 'eye in' and know that you must go smaller in bead size for the pinkies and larger for the thumbs.

Thanks for the tip. Now you have said it, it makes total sense! I was always wondering why the pinky was the thickest and the others sometimes look a little bit more normal. I think that when I was taught to start with the pinky and work towards the thumb, I would never have thought to try something different as I think I tend to be a bit scared to mess up a routine i have been taught. But i will definately give it a try. Thanks x

Thanks for the tip. Now you have said it, it makes total sense! I was always wondering why the pinky was the thickest and the others sometimes look a little bit more normal. I think that when I was taught to start with the pinky and work towards the thumb, I would never have thought to try something different as I think I tend to be a bit scared to mess up a routine i have been taught. But i will definately give it a try. Thanks x

You can go back to that way when you know more instinctively how much you need.

Latest posts

Back