NATURTINT, anyone tried to remove this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penners

Reaction score
Hi,
I had to help a friend in distress, she uses Naturtint which she buys from the health food store - (its all very Holy and virtuous, no ammonia etc.) She left it on too long and its her daughters wedding Saturday so I did a few meche through the top to break up the dark colour a bit, I tried a high lift tint just to lift it a couple of shades and I kept an eye on it but it barely touched it so i pasted a bit of bleach on top and that shifted the colour enough to give the desired effect. I just wondered whether it is another one with silicone in it? does anyone know?

Never used or had any experience with Naturtint, but ~
Tint doesn't lift tint. >_<
I would have tried a gentle bleach.
Do a strand test, try one with 10vol Bleach, and another with 20vol bleach.
I'd just do some fine weaves, in a TSection or 1/2 Head, just to break this up.

yes. It's henna derivative based, not silicon. It is the devils own job to shift. Black henna is totally impossible to remove, even with bleach. The darker the colour, the worse it is.

Test it with bleach. You may end up having to use 30 vol. Bleach may not even shift it. Effassor and the like won't touch it.

Thanks Persianista, I suspected it was the devils work!! It was a last minute dash to help - so I used what I had, she only wanted a couple of shades lift (meche through the top) and I didn't want to go in with bleach straight away in case it lifted really well ( being natural and all). I achieved the desired effect anyway it just took longer. I'll know next time:wink2:

Latest posts

Back