Need a moan-just been fired

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charleneweeooo

Reaction score
Absolutely devastated, right in the middle of the day as well. Got shouted and swore off by my boss while being pointed in the face before he told me I was a 'vile human being' and to leave the salon immediately. Can't describe how upset I am :(

what happened?
im not qualified yet but that sounds horrible how were u finding the therapist job before that happened

Omg ... What had happened for them to behave like that ?
You poor thing ... X

Oh Hun,how awful...can you elaborate more on what happened??? I know you are prob gutted and crying etc but don't worry you will get over it! One door closes another opens xxxxxxxxx hugs xxxx

It was my fault I got a row in the first place because i never asked my boss first to get one of the stylists to put my colour on during salon times (it's never usually a problem for me or any other employees when the place is dead so I didn't think it would be this time). So I completely deserve the row but he was cutting my hours then got in my face screaming and swearing and calling me names so i calmly asked him if he would stop and that's when he to me I was a vile human being and started smirking at me. I just can't believe a 50 year old man would speak to a 21 year old junior like that and sack me on the spot :(

Poor you!

That's not the actions of a good manager. Sounds like you're much better off away from that kind of Salon.

Make sure you get paid what you're owed. Ring ACAS on Monday morning for advice.

It was my fault I got a row in the first place because i never asked my boss first to get one of the stylists to put my colour on during salon times (it's never usually a problem for me or any other employees when the place is dead so I didn't think it would be this time). So I completely deserve the row but he was cutting my hours then got in my face screaming and swearing and calling me names so i calmly asked him if he would stop and that's when he to me I was a vile human being and started smirking at me. I just can't believe a 50 year old man would speak to a 21 year old junior like that and sack me on the spot :(

Charlene he sounds horrible you really have nothing to be down about....so what you made a careless mistake and error,it's not the end of the world,we all do it from time to time however you don't need to be treated like that....the main thing is you MUST NOT let it effect your confidence,I also agree with above advice to contact ACAS about if you can take it further....it doesn't sound like he has gone down the correct disciplinary procedure!! Xxx

Thanks so much everyone. I know i definitely won't be able to take it further because i didn't even have a contract/terms of employment or anything like that. The salon is an an absolute joke to be honest

You're legally entitled to a written contract.

If they've not given you one, that's their look out. Definitely contact ACAS in that case.

Yeah I'll be giving them a call anyways just to see. The way he spoke to me was just awful. Hopefully I'll get something good from it

Yeah I'll be giving them a call anyways just to see. The way he spoke to me was just awful. Hopefully I'll get something good from it

Hun you will look back in 6 months and thank your lucky stars this happened and it gave you the reason to get a new job!!! Chin up I am sure it was a humiliating incident...move onwards and upwards,good luck xxxxxx

Thanks so much. Starting to feel a bit better knowing that even though I done wrong I didn't deserve the outcome. I don't know long I would have managed to stick it.out anyways in a workplace who's central heating breaks and they refuse to pay to fix it!!!! Don't even get me started on the state of the client/employee toilet lol xxxx

This reminds me of how my boss talks to me sometimes. You're better off without that negativity in your life.

Latest posts

Back