Need advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kezza1981

Reaction score
Hi there All, Hope you are all well!

I have recently qualified in manicure and pedicure and I am currently training in Nail Art at college. I will hopefully have completed the course at the end of this month and will start my nail extensions course in september.

I have started receiving alot of interest for my nail art (practise on me mum who in turn shows it off at work).

I have also been approached to do a shape and french polish on eight ladies fingers and toes for a friend of a friends wedding (not until August).

I have two questions:
1) How much would you guys say is a reasonable price to charge for a shape and french polish

2) I dont have my insurance yet, Does anyone know if I can get myself insured for just for manicure/pedicure and nail art treatments (once I have completed at the end of this month) and then add to it once i have completed my extension course in December.

Any help is much appreciated.

Kerry :)

Hi there All, Hope you are all well!

I have recently qualified in manicure and pedicure and I am currently training in Nail Art at college. I will hopefully have completed the course at the end of this month and will start my nail extensions course in september.

I have started receiving alot of interest for my nail art (practise on me mum who in turn shows it off at work).

I have also been approached to do a shape and french polish on eight ladies fingers and toes for a friend of a friends wedding (not until August).

I have two questions:
1) How much would you guys say is a reasonable price to charge for a shape and french polish

The best thing to do with this is to get some pricelists for salons in your area - this way you will find out the going rate in your area. What someone might charge in London for example might be much higher than somewhere else in the country.

2) I dont have my insurance yet, Does anyone know if I can get myself insured for just for manicure/pedicure and nail art treatments (once I have completed at the end of this month) and then add to it once i have completed my extension course in December.

You should be able to but you might find that the premium to cover you for nail enhancements as well is not much more - it is best to contact an insurance company and ask - for example Professional beauty Direct.

Any help is much appreciated.

Kerry :)

HTHs

:)

Thanks I will give them a call now and see what they say.

Thanks again

hi hun

i tried professional beauty, but they wouldnt insure me because i handnt finished my training, so i went with 'the guild' their insurance covers me as a student to do manicure /pedicure/and other beauty treatments should i decide to do the courses, and then i can upgrade to full insurance, which includes all nail treatments, give them a call and see hun

0870 000 4242

must say their customer service has been great so far, keep ringing them with silly stupid queries and they are always polite and very helpful

whichever you decide to go for, i hope you get it sorted soon hun xxx

:)Hiya x

Thanks very much for that!

I have called both Professional Beauty and The Guild and both will insure me, I just have to make a decision as to who to go with now.

Do you know the difference between the two? The Guild sells its insurance with some kind of membership? Do you know what kind of memebership they mean? Is this better then just insurance with for example with Pro Beauty....

I dont really understand and felt a bit stupid asking on the phone :confused:

Latest posts

Back