Need course advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SammyP

Reaction score
Good evening all,

I hope you don't mind me posting this here but I am after some advice. I am thinking of embarking on a career as a nail technician however I'm very confused as to what the course is I should be looking for? What is the name of the qualification you gain once you have finished the course and could anyone recommend some courses I should be attending. I'm in East London if that is of any help.
This is a big change of career for me as I worked in education for over a decade before starting my own family and I would like to be able to have a career which is flexible with my families needs.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and any replies xx

Hi sammyp. If you google nail courses you should get loads come up. I did mine with essential nails as I was able to work in my own time and at home I did learn a lot and passed my gel and acrylic course but I would say I learnt more from YouTube one of my favourites is Celina Ryden who is a gel technician like me and uses the brand light elegance she is brilliant. I done a home course as I could pay over 6 months and when starting out you do need money to buy other things. It’s a expensive game but I love it. I would say go for it and work hard. Good luck and hope you will be a professional nail technician soon x

Hey Sammy if your just starting out you could do a manicure course, beauty therapy course which covers most things these days or a nail technician course. Definatly google what is in your area there are alot of options out there.

Hi Cassie I'm thinking on doing an essential nail course, and I'm just wondering if you are properly qualified so you could work in a salon or from home and if you can get insurance? Also did you do any other courses or did you become qualified just through essential nails? x

Hi Cassie I'm thinking on doing an essential nail course, and I'm just wondering if you are properly qualified so you could work in a salon or from home and if you can get insurance? Also did you do any other courses or did you become qualified just through essential nails? x

Hi hun saw this and had to reply yes you are once passed your a qualified nail technician [emoji3]

Ok that's great thanks for your help. :)

My sis in law qualified with a company called nextstep beauty, supposedly well priced

Look at the VTCT courses, as your basic foundation get a manicure course. You can build on that. Essential nails is popular for people who can’t get to college, training course, however training on a practice hand just isn’t the same as real people. It depends on your circumstances as what is the best route for you. You can also look at brands like CND and do your mani course with them and add to that. There are so many it’s difficult when you first start looking to work out what to do, but VTCT is a recognised qualification which will get you started and insured x

Oh and also I totally agree with Lou Slatts, YouTube is your best friend, I’ve learnt SO much on there x

Latest posts

Back