Need direction on a client I can never please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natsel

Reaction score
Hi as the title reads I have a client I can never please..

For months my client has been having a basic 6.0 in igora , then she's decided she wanted to go lighter , not all,over but in highlights to break the 6.0 up , I explained that I would use bleach ( I use goldwell ) with a low strength peroxide 6% and that it may take a few goes to get her to the colour she wants she was happy with this, just to add , her hair throws off a lot of warmth .
Anyway I did her hair with lots of fine h/l left it on washed blow dried etc and she was really pleased with how it turned out .
Now she's messaged me a week later to say she loves her hair but wants the lighter bits to be more of an ash blonde as she feels it's to golden ( banging my head against a brick wall )

Any advice as to what to do now ?
Should I go back in and lift the blonde to a more cleaner blonde and try ....
There's a new range out in igora which there's a ( pale blue) 9.5/22 pastel it's an anti orange direction pastel .
I've not tried this before, as anyone tried this yet?

Or is there another make someone can direct me in , or any other way round this ... I get so frustrated because I want to make her happy of course, but I feel whatever I do she's never happy or is happy for a week then changes her mind and my confidence takes a knocking

Any advice would be great

What level have you lifted the blonde up to? X

What level have you lifted the blonde up to? X

Hi baby chops , I would say it's around a level 10 its come up quite light , but still throws off some warmth.

You could use the goldwell express toners in silver over the highlights, that would remove the warmth. There is a level 9 and 10 in silver x

I would get them to show you what they THINK is an ash blonde during the consultation when she comes in. A vague description like ash blonde could mean anything to different people. She could mean soft ash or more of a stronger pearl tone.
I personally don't use the express toners they're ok but I would use something along the lines of a 10BS with blue lotion or AB@9 in elumen is gorgeous (I have this myself)

Also use your colour wheel to counteract and warmth i.e. kill tone or tone down. You'll get a more accurate result than relying on a product designed as an express treatment x

9.5-22 I find is really heavy, and I only use it when I want a white/platinum look. If you just want to tone down the highlights to a cleaner/ashier blonde, try 9.5-1.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Maybe an 8 level cool blonde will be nice against a level 6. Maybe 8bp? 10 level highlights with brown base doesn't sound flattering

Latest posts

Back