Need encouragement - I am scared

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Ladies,

Thanks again for all your encouragement and support! :hug:

I thought I would give you guys an update. My daughter and I have moved out of our home and are renting a place in town. There are some issues here that have convinced us that this isn't the place to be renting, so we are on the search again :/

I am so glad we decided to move out... first off, my ex was sleeping in his freaking truck!!! and by moving out, he went back to the house. Also, living right in town will enable my daughter to walk to and from school (she is in her 12th grade this year!) We also moved out because we needed a completely new start... new walls, environment etc... And it is a good thing we made the move because it has helped me stay strong and not change my mind... it made it more official and real!

I need to get about 10 more regular clients and we should be okay financially... so I will really begin to advertise. We are selling the house and will split the equity... that will give me a nice financial cushion (thank God).

It has been HARD! Lot of days where I have cried lots and felt quite down, but also lots of moments of relief and freedom! Quite the roller coaster ride! For the most part, the kids seem to be adjusting as well as can be expected.

I could go on and on... but won't keep you. Just wanted to let you know I have been strong enough to follow through and we are doing fine :)

I can't believe I am 40 years old and freaking single... weird. I would never have thought this would be my story... oh well, I am working on creating a happy ending.

Hugs,

Michelle

Hey Michelle,

Already you have made some big decisions and the sky did not fall down on your head!!

Your husband may have been terribly unhappy for as long as you were and it sounds as if you both know this is the right thing to do.

But 24 years is hard to turn your back on eh?

Having been with this man since the age of 16 I can understand completely why you and he would want to stay friends. You have spent more of your life knowing him than not. And you have children together that love both of you.

So long as he can be your friend, your true friend, it doesn't matter if he still loves you secretly in his heart.

I believe that you will both love each other in a slightly different way now. But you know what - you can't always live with the people you love!!

If you two can care about each other in a detached way it will make life easier for both of you and your children. Birthdays, Christmas, Weddings, Events will all be much easier to deal with if you two still like each other.

This is stage two of your life, not necessarily going to be better but it will be different.

Your choices, your decisions ... you will eventually come to enjoy it :wink2:

Look forward and be happy xxxxx

Latest posts

Back