Need help, home salon, rented accommodation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jodiex

Reaction score
Hiii,

so im wanting to rent a 2 bed flat off my dad, one bed room which i can use as a home salon. i don't think the property is mortgaged, what checks do i need to do and what does my dad need to do?

do i or him need special contents insurance or anything?
basically i have no idea so any help would be greatly appreciated!!

thanks
Jodie xxxx

Surely he should know if he is paying a mortgage?

If yes - he needs mortgage providers permission
If no - nothing to do.

Council - You will need to get permission from the council this can be very easy or very hard depending on what they want from you.

You may need to change the building from residential use to commercial and have all the headache that brings with it IE business rates etc. Really depends on the council.

Surely he should know if he is paying a mortgage?

If yes - he needs mortgage providers permission
If no - nothing to do.

Council - You will need to get permission from the council this can be very easy or very hard depending on what they want from you.

You may need to change the building from residential use to commercial and have all the headache that brings with it IE business rates etc. Really depends on the council.

I haven't asked him about it all yet because I thought I would go to him and explain what needs to be done etc, more I know the less he worries because he's ill at the minute, so just want him to be stress free.

Okay I'll speak to the council. Really
I should just ask my mum? She works for them!

Thanks
X

Latest posts

Back