Need help with Colour Touch 5/75 please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aideenjaymie

Reaction score
So I coloured my hair today using 5/75. I don't like the red tones in it and I'm getting extensions in on Thursday? I don't mind going a depth darker? What would happen if I put say a 4/0 over it? Or how will I kill the tones?

5/75...Medium Brown with brunette and mahogany tones. Mahogany is a warm brown, so if you put a 4/0 over it, it'll still have the red tones, but be a shade darker.
Green combats red, so personally I'd tone it with jaded mint instamatic (a range within colour touch). That should kill off any warmth.
For future reference:
1-ash (cool)
2-green (corrects red tones)
3-gold (warm)
4-red (warm)
5-mahogany (warm)
6-violet (cool)
7-brunette (cool)
8- blue pearl (cool)
9-cendre (cool)

Hope this helps :) xx

5/75...Medium Brown with brunette and mahogany tones. Mahogany is a warm brown, so if you put a 4/0 over it, it'll still have the red tones, but be a shade darker.
Green combats red, so personally I'd tone it with jaded mint instamatic (a range within colour touch). That should kill off any warmth.
For future reference:
1-ash (cool)
3-gold (warm)
4-red (warm)
5-mahogany (warm)
6-violet (cool)
7-brunette (cool)
8- blue pearl (cool)
9-cendre (cool)

For future reference:
1-ash (cool)
3-gold (warm)
4-red (warm)
5-mahogany (warm)
6-violet (cool)
7-brunette (cool)
8- blue pearl (cool)
9-cendre (cool)

Hey Ashley yeah I get what you mean, but I want to go a depth darker so if I go with a 4 should I use a tone with it? Like an ash tone or green? I want to be around a shade 4 or 5 but just without the mahogany. Just afraid the red will still show through :( xx

For future reference:
1-ash (cool)
3-gold (warm)
4-red (warm)
5-mahogany (warm)
6-violet (cool)
7-brunette (cool)
8- blue pearl (cool)
9-cendre (cool)

Ohh hold on I didn't read that properly! Lol. So you think I should use a flat 4 for the depth and then tone it with jaded mint instamatic? Is that what you mean? Will that just be like a flat 4 then? :) Xx

Well yes, it should be. But id tone it with jaded mint instamatic BEFORE you put a color touch on, if you're wanting a cooler tone I'd suggest 4/77 xxx

Latest posts

Back