Need help with contracts, ASAP

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x.x.kelly

Nailjunkie
Reaction score
hey basically wen a employed hairdresser you have to sign a contract and generally it says in there your not allowed to work within 1 mile of x salon. but if you were employed as a apprentice and had a apprentice contract not a stylist contract does this still apply to trainees? surely not as they generally only train u up they then cant say your not allowed to work anywherevas you dont have a client base... what do you lot think every bit of advice needed! thanks xx

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek

Unless it actually states it in the contract then I don't see why not???

Is it someone your looking to take on?

Craig

If it doesn't say it in your contract you can do as you please!

it doesnt say in my contract but im sure it does in the employee handbook of which everyone had to sign and date when i started my apprenticeship but i got tokd by a salon owner who wants me to.work self employed for her but the salon is around the corner from my old one she basically said they cant do that to trainees

Well if you've just finished your apprenticeship with your current employer and they're not keeping you on I don't think anyone would have a word to say about you moving to a salon just around the corner, especially in this climate!

Have you been given notice or anything or been asked if you've found a new position yet?

Craig

no i left before my apprenticeship finished and the college are letting me finish as i have 2 things left the contract of my apprenticeship doesnt finish.until july but i gave my notice in 2 weeks ago?

Well if your boss hasn't asked which salon your moving to etc then he/she probably isn't too bothered. I personally wouldn't worry too much about this.

okayy thankyouu

Latest posts

Back