Need prs advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PRS_ADVISE

Reaction score
Hi All,

I came across this page recently and seen a few discussion about concerned business owners reguarding a PRS Licence.

I have alot of knowledge about PRS and should anyone have any questions reguarding a licence they can post it here and I will try my best to get answers for you as quick as possible if I dont know them off the top of my head.

Regards

Why are all the documents sent by PRS so threatening and aggressive. I have never dealt with such a confrontational organisation before that use such aggressive language in their letters.

Mike

I take it you are referring to the heading 'ARE YOU BREAKING THE LAW?' On the letter?

To be fair, I dont know why they use such language.

I can answer such questions to do with tariffs, prices, the ins and outs like that.

Sorry I cannot help you on this one.

Regards

Hi

I wonder if you could solve an arguement for me. I currently rent a beauty therapy room within a hairdressing salon. I have been contacted by letter recently by PRS to ask if I paly music and to inform me that I need a licence to do so. I play music to my clients in my room but also there is music played in the main reception area which is the combined waiting are for both my clients and the hairdressing clients. My question is who is liable for the music licence, me or the owner of the hairdressers? Or do we each need a separate licence? Also is there any music that is exempt from using without a licence? Remember reading this somewhere?

Hi Jinny,

In regards to the reception, ill get this confirmed for you on Monday. However i think that if it is the premises of the Hairdresser and you just rent a room then it would be the responsibility of Hairdresser to have the licence. However like i said, ill let you know for certain on Monday.

For your room, you wont require a licence as long as you have no specific copyright music in your room (radio, cd, speakers etc)

However, again should you use relaxing music like sounds of the ocean, birds, whale noises ect then no licence is required.

I hope this helps

Regards

Latest posts

Back