Need some hair advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanielleCaprice

Reaction score
Hey geeks, I didn't want to put this in the hair section as its for everyone? I'm just wondering if some of you could give me advice, I'm thinking of having a perm on my hair, ii am naturally curly but since school I straightened it a lot so lost all my curls & my hair is just wavy now... I want my curls back!!! What's everyone's perspectives on perms have u had one? Would you recommend them? Good points? Bad points? Eat. I am just worried it will ruin my hair & fall out...! All help is grateful xx Danii xx

Will it not even curl up if you use a diffuser attached to you hairdryer when drying? Usually this will make it spring up?? Personally I love perms - big rods will do it!!

Big rods? Lol... & nope I've tried everything it just goes wavy not curly... I want my ringlets back lol xx

I'm exactly the same, I used to have natural very curly hair, now it just goes wavy due to straightening my hair.
However, when your hair is damp, take a soft brush and twist your hair in sections, then leave to dry, it totally works for me :)
One of my friends was in the same boat, got a perm and she hates it, it wasn't like her natural curls, so I don't know about going down that route :/
Different things work for different people though, so the decision is up to you :)
I too agree with using a diffuser xx

Thanks Hun, what's the best diffuser ? X

Bumpin this up as still not sure what to have done x

Don't do it! X

HairBy Amanda

Why ?? Xx

I've had so many customers ask me & I've refused....they've gone else were & hair is ruined.
The first day those rollers come out you have lovely curls...till you wash it. It's never "curls" the hair just never falls right to me. Very high maintenance & if you don't like it you either have to have if chemically straightened which will ruin hair even more or let it grow out. 9/10 it just looks frizzy, you'll spend a bomb on taming products & it will never look like a natural curl xxx

HairBy Amanda

Perms are a great way to keep low maintenance hair. If it done properly, like anything else, will have minimum damage to your hair, providing your hair is in good condition to Start with.

If you want loose curls, have large rods in, smaller the curl, smaller the perming rod.

Every perm I do is different, I always place the rods the way.you style your hair, if you have a side parting I will perm it in a side parting with the rods rolled to the left or right.

Perms are so versatile now, the only way it will turn into an unmanageable frizzy mess costing you a fortune on products is if your stylist perms your hair the opposite way to how you wear it...like the old 9 section - that's perfect is you want all your hair swept back on a short curly style...it's no good for a modern perm

But make sure your stylist is qualified in perms, so many now leave college not knowing how to do them as they didn't choose that option.

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back