Need to find a good ammonia free permanent colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairbystacey87

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
I can't get goldwell elumen or nectaya at all at any wholesalers so I need to find a nourishing ammonia free PERMANENT colour with 100% grey coverage.
One that's easy to understand with regards to its numbering on shade chart etc. as only familiar with Goldwell. Also easy to get hold of at wholesalers.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi geeks,
I can't get goldwell elumen or nectaya at all at any wholesalers so I need to find a nourishing ammonia free PERMANENT colour with 100% grey coverage.
One that's easy to understand with regards to its numbering on shade chart etc. as only familiar with Goldwell. Also easy to get hold of at wholesalers.

Thanks in advance :)

Look into senea

Why don't you open a Goldwell account?

Guys you'll have to correct me if I'm wrong but loreal INOA would that help?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Guys you'll have to correct me if I'm wrong but loreal INOA would that help?

Its amonia free but certainly not 100% coverage

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Is there any particular reason you need an ammonia free line?

I'm mobile so can't open a goldwell account. Need to be able to get colours freely at wholesalers & not wait on delivery.
I need ammonia free as have a few clients with sensitive skin and it helps a lot. Clearly I have done a skin test beforehand etc.

Its amonia free but certainly not 100% coverage

Inoa is 100% coverage! Its a permanent colour, all base colours cover grey. It's used with 20vol Peroxide (specifically designed for the brand). Also there's inoa supreme which gives a nice tonal coverage, picking out lighter & darker strands

Is there a particular reason you want an ammonia free permanent brand. They don't work as well. I bought Inoa it was so awful they happily exchanged it due to the fact they no it doesn't work. Its already been reformulated since its launch cause the first batch was about as good as covering grey as Diacolor Gelee it was a joke. !00% grey coverage never they don't even promise that upto a 100% and even the Inoa Supreme is labled as upto a 100% and if the normal one covers why a separate supreme one. The first batch was so bad they repacked it and sent everyone a free box of colour equally bad but at least you don't lose the will to live mixing it. And the best thing is the shampoo is loaded with ammonia as otherwise the mea stays in the hair and carries on processing. Im not meaning to be negative Im just talking from my own experience and I don't no any hairdressers that use ammonia free colour. I can't speak for other brands but if you google it the general consensus is Ammonia does the job better the trade off is the distinct ammonia smell but its only notice in hi-lifts and the Inoa hi-lifts all had to be destroyed because the wonderful blondes burnt peoples scalp so badly salons where instructed to destroy them immediately and where reimbursed.

I have very fussy new client that wants ammonia free as her highlights not on scalp as she's says previous salon used INOA and it helped her scalp as he suffers from sphorisis. I did explain that as it's not on her scalp directly that most colours should be ok.

Is there a particular reason you want an ammonia free permanent brand. They don't work as well. I bought Inoa it was so awful they happily exchanged it due to the fact they no it doesn't work. Its already been reformulated since its launch cause the first batch was about as good as covering grey as Diacolor Gelee it was a joke. !00% grey coverage never they don't even promise that upto a 100% and even the Inoa Supreme is labled as upto a 100% and if the normal one covers why a separate supreme one. The first batch was so bad they repacked it and sent everyone a free box of colour equally bad but at least you don't lose the will to live mixing it. And the best thing is the shampoo is loaded with ammonia as otherwise the mea stays in the hair and carries on processing. Im not meaning to be negative Im just talking from my own experience and I don't no any hairdressers that use ammonia free colour. I can't speak for other brands but if you google it the general consensus is Ammonia does the job better the trade off is the distinct ammonia smell but its only notice in hi-lifts and the Inoa hi-lifts all had to be destroyed because the wonderful blondes burnt peoples scalp so badly salons where instructed to destroy them immediately and where reimbursed.

The INOA range is not popular with me at all. We may do two services a year. We were refunded for the hi lift tint also but the only persons head it burnt was mine! And that was after the relevant skin test.

I've never used it as always used Goldwell. I may use colourance plus as it covers 75% grey and she hasn't got that much. As don't want to risk it with INOA. Thanks everyone :)

You could try Matrix COLORINSIDER. I have seen hairdressers speak positively of it.

Salon Supplies, Alan Howard, and Aston and Fincher stock it.

Inoa is 100% coverage! Its a permanent colour, all base colours cover grey. It's used with 20vol Peroxide (specifically designed for the brand). Also there's inoa supreme which gives a nice tonal coverage, picking out lighter & darker strands

I beg to differ, as do all the clients who come back complaining about the lack of coverage and how their hair feels like cardboard. We are changing to Paul Mitchell after xmas

I beg to differ, as do all the clients who come back complaining about the lack of coverage and how their hair feels like cardboard. We are changing to Paul Mitchell after xmas

Fair enough! I don't use it anyway, I prefer majirel :)

I have very fussy new client that wants ammonia free as her highlights not on scalp as she's says previous salon used INOA and it helped her scalp as he suffers from sphorisis. I did explain that as it's not on her scalp directly that most colours should be ok.

It is an oil based colour so that maybe why it helped the sphorisis

Affinege salon professional :)

So how does matrix compare with coverage of grey and evenes root to end Im tryn 2get as much info as I can using chi farouk at the moment

Inoa does cover grey 100% as long as you use the correct colour for greys or as usual mix it with a base. We have had no problem covering up to 70% grey with Inoa. Although I do prefer using normal colours

Inoa does cover grey 100% as long as you use the correct colour for greys or as usual mix it with a base. We have had no problem covering up to 70% grey with Inoa. Although I do prefer using normal colours

Exactly. Up to 70% isn't good enough

Latest posts

Back