Need to find a good ammonia free permanent colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could try Matrix COLORINSIDER. I have seen hairdressers speak positively of it.

Salon Supplies, Alan Howard, and Aston and Fincher stock it.

I know the Matrix rep well Hun and the girls at Alan Howard n they said don't go there. Matrix is fully owned n produced by L'oreal which is dearer so I doubt there Matrix version will be any better.

Bloody nonesense stupid fussy cow I'm sorry but she ain't gonna feel the sodding things in foils. Christ just google all the Inoa horror stories it's caused more reactions than anything out there. I went to the big vip event n the train re or had awful white hair I thought what on earth I said to the rep god what on earth is that hair. She said Inoa put her in hospital she can't dye her hair again. N she's on stage biggie it up! And isn't this client gonna be in more pain when u have to use the Inoa shampoo which is full of ammonia to wash it off. That will be on her scalp. Some idiots talked her into it that's stuck withnshelves of it. The amount of it on Ebay speaks volumes ppl can't give it away. This MEA crap will go out of fashion. It simply doesn't work properly!

Affinage isnt ammonia free but has a very low percentage, something under 1% i think depending on which colour. Either way, your client doesnt know anything about hair colour other than what you and other stylists will tell her, its not up to you to change brands just because she thinks it might be better, its for you to use your expertise to find a suitable solution and advise her that ammonia free isnt necessarily the most gentle, especially if it comes down to INOA, and that a lot of this ammonia free talk is just media hype.

What is your colour target, and percentage of grey? You may have a bit of luck with goldwell colorance cover plus. My greys are in patches, that are probably about 30% in those sections. I use cover plus 5NBP and I genre arson able coverage. You can still see a little as it is a bit translucent, but as I've used a trifle time it's a bit like that all over, nice and natural :)

What is your colour target, and percentage of grey? You may have a bit of luck with goldwell colorance cover plus. My greys are in patches, that are probably about 30% in those sections. I use cover plus 5NBP and I genre arson able coverage. You can still see a little as it is a bit translucent, but as I've used a trifle time it's a bit like that all over, nice and natural :)

That's what I was thinking as I use colourance plus on a few as covers up to 75% grey blends it really nicely :)

Personally ive got Matrix color insider in the salon. On grey hairs i think its a bit hit and miss. It feels amazing conditioned wise. Colour does look great, for me i think its not as vibrant or illuminating as i want. However just from having colour insider on my own hair, the amount of compliements i got was nice, and it did last a long time.

I wouldnt replace my dreamage for it. I think for those clients that have over 50% grey hair, they need to be open to specific grey coverage colours. xoxo

I know the Matrix rep well Hun and the girls at Alan Howard n they said don't go there. Matrix is fully owned n produced by L'oreal which is dearer so I doubt there Matrix version will be any better.

I know Matrix is owned by L'Oreal, but that doesn't mean the products are the same. L'Oreal also own Redken, and L'Oreal Professionel, Redken and Matrix are all sold in SalonCentric, and Matrix and Redken are sold in CosmoProf, here in the USA. What would be the point in having three brands if the products are identical?

I know Matrix is owned by L'Oreal, but that doesn't mean the products are the same. L'Oreal also own Redken, and L'Oreal Professionel, Redken and Matrix are all sold in SalonCentric, and Matrix and Redken are sold in CosmoProf, here in the USA. What would be the point in having three brands if the products are identical?

For big companies like l'oreal gives them a bigger share of the market by having luxury, middle, and cheaper ranges.

For big companies like l'oreal gives them a bigger share of the market by having luxury, middle, and cheaper ranges.

I know. My point was just that the ammonia free colour in one line might not be necessarily the same as the ammonia free colour in another line. I would certainly hope not, anyway!

I know. My point was just that the ammonia free colour in one line might not be necessarily the same as the ammonia free colour in another line. I would certainly hope not, anyway!

Well L'oreal is a family owned business and is becoming a monopoly. They always promote the L'oreal Proffessional Color and give huge incentives to companies such as Charles Worthington, Nicky Clalerke and Toni & guy to use it. They own Matrix lock stock n barrel so I hardly doubt they are gonna produce it betttert than there own colour. Matrix isn't classed as luxury so I doubt it will be better than Inoa. I doubt it could be any worse but by all means try it and let us know.

Latest posts

Back