Need your opinions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beau_123

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am a newbie, I have previously been on this forum many times but never got round to registering myself.
I need your advice on a new journey I am thinking to take - There is a hair salon with a room at the back which has been occupied by a therapist for 6 yrs and she now is moving to a shop next door to the hair salon. What are your opinions on one taking up the room in the salon?
This hair salon is really busy .
Thanks guys :)

She's got 6 years on you from being there. Knows everyone etc your be competing with each other and she clearly has the advantage.

I'd reconsider your idea

I think her clients will follow her if she is opening up next dooor and she will then be your competition as appolo_24 says. I would try and find somewhere more suited x

Yes she will definatly be my comp and yes i am sure her clients will keep her, i dnt wish to take her clients. I thought maybe i could build new ones ,

Yea although you'll be in competition. It might be a good idea to go in and chat to her, make friends and assure her you don't want her clients, you've got your own and are looking for newbies.

There will be times when she has walk ins that she can't service then and there and might appreciate being able to send them to you and vice versa. Also you might not do all the same treatments/use the same products.
It works for me here, there's a girl near me that doesn't do acrylic, so I pick up her shortfall :)

If you do take this on NEVER let anyone talk her down to you, it will get back to her and sound like you were joining in and you don't need those tensions.

Good luck whatever you decide!

hi i dont mean in any way to deflate you but seriously i think you may be wasting your time. I rented a room at the back of salon after it had been empty for a year, got reassured i would be chocca block as the hair salon was constantly full but guess what it was totally dead for beauty, after 6 weeks i decided i was wasting my time as there was a beauty shop 2 doors up also, so got my things and left. In the meantime i found a job advertised on jobcentre for a hairdresser for a new salon opening very soon, so thought i'd be cheeky and see if they had a beauty room to rent and hey i;ve been there for 2 weeks now its still early days but i've been busier in 2 weeks than i was for the whole 6 weeks in tyhe other salon. Guess what i'm trying to say is you may be better off finding something different x

Latest posts

Back