needs start up advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malibu8909

Reaction score
Hey all!
i know ive asked a couple things on here before about business start ups.But i really want to have this business now but i dont know where to start and i really want to get it off the ground before the busy period at the end of the year. I tried ringing princes trust for help but aparently they dont cover cornwall so i was given the number for business link who are sending me info on busiess start up training so im going to jump on as many courses as possible. But after this where am i meant to go? i havent got a clue what to do but its something ive wanted to do for ages! Can anyone help please sorry for maybe repeating myself but im getting stressed lol
x

ok here's some pointers that hopefully will help get you started, hope they help
  • first thing is get a handle on being stressed its counter productive and tbh when you setting up salon you will face so many challenges and its all about how you cope with them and handle them
  • that course you're talking about is similar to one i did - its good and will give you the bascics in business and finance and you will get start up help in the form of business advisors
  • start going to salons in your local area to get an idea of what they are doing
  • start researching possible products you may use - this is about doing the leg work and research yourself it takes time and patience, beauty shows can be good, talk to salon ownere - face to face hard to get a feel for it on here
  • start looking for possible venues - getting an idea of costs
  • look at your finances - start up costs and put away minimum 6 months costs for after you open, save as much as possible, consider how you will secure funding
  • start small
  • put down on paper your ideas and start to develop them - get a good firm idea of what you want your salon to be like and what you want to offer - what will make you different??
  • question yourself over whether this is the right decision for you - think practically not emotionally, do you have the determination, passion and skills set?
  • these are just a few ideas, for me was best decisiom i ever made, i opened in nov 08, still new to the business and have a long and challenging journey ahead but i must say in work terms the last year has been the happiest one of my life and the happiness in work has filtered through to everyday life making me a more confident, relaxed, articulate and happy person.... best of luck!

Latest posts

Back