Never short of questions but here I go, hard gel vs acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peanut butter

Reaction score
I am remaining optimistic and here in the US, the vaccines were FDA approved yesterday. Phase 1 a rightfully includes all the health care workers but Phase 1b is looking to be teachers like my hub and people with underlying conditions. Heck it may change and that’s ok... but whenever I am able to get my set back on I am wondering.

I found my spot a few months as I spoke to you all before. It’s a little expensive but worth it as she cared for the integrity of my nails. I notice the acrylic full set is much more than the lcn full set price wise though. Is that because it’s not as good? More toxic? I’m reading so many things and idk what to believe. Is there that much of a difference between the two?

No difference in products with regard, some are lower on the allergy possibility scale, but that's only relevant for a pre-existing allergy issue. The difference will be down to product costs, skill costs and tech time.

Some techs will make a product they don't like using extremely expensive on their price list, it might deter the client for asking for it ;)

No difference in products with regard, some are lower on the allergy possibility scale, but that's only relevant for a pre-existing allergy issue. The difference will be down to product costs, skill costs and tech time.

Some techs will make a product they don't like using extremely expensive on their price list, it might deter the client for asking for it ;)

Interesting because a new set of hard gels is 100, fills 50. A new set acrylic is 50, fills 25. If it’s the same and neither has any benefit I’m doing the acrylic 100% when I can. Whenever that may be LOL thanks

I have used LCN and its an expensive hard gel brand. 100 ml clear one component resin is over 200$. It’s a beautiful product, but required me to practice like crazy since it will develop bubbles if over-worked. Some places call these ‘glass nails’ since they are transparent and super shiny.

I last worked in an exclusive private community that had its own spa. Half the residents had their home in Santa Fe as a 2nd or 3rd home. The reason I share this, is that a member came in with a box that had about a dozen LCN products with gel brushes. She had bought all this to bring to me so she could keep the same product she had in Florida, USA, while she was in her second home for 6 months.

It’s not a forgiving product. They have about 6 same color whites in different thicknesses. Everything is applied by a gel brush, no bottles with brushes, only pots. They do have a gel polish line with a white that can be used for a tip. The one thing I finally decided I liked was that the product can be filed to correct any irregularities. That cut my time some.

So, if your tech does a beautiful LCN set no matter the cost, it’s due to diligence and ability and the time it takes to perfect the finished product.

I have used LCN and its an expensive hard gel brand. 100 ml clear one component resin is over 200$. It’s a beautiful product, but required me to practice like crazy since it will develop bubbles if over-worked. Some places call these ‘glass nails’ since they are transparent and super shiny.

I last worked in an exclusive private community that had its own spa. Half the residents had their home in Santa Fe as a 2nd or 3rd home. The reason I share this, is that a member came in with a box that had about a dozen LCN products with gel brushes. She had bought all this to bring to me so she could keep the same product she had in Florida, USA, while she was in her second home for 6 months.

It’s not a forgiving product. They have about 6 same color whites in different thicknesses. Everything is applied by a gel brush, no bottles with brushes, only pots. They do have a gel polish line with a white that can be used for a tip. The one thing I finally decided I liked was that the product can be filed to correct any irregularities. That cut my time some.

So, if your tech does a beautiful LCN set no matter the cost, it’s due to diligence and ability and the time it takes to perfect the finished product.

Yup she used to do a fabulous job before I couldn’t go anymore. Lasted a full 4 weeks. No lifts. I love this lady and returned to her when the numbers were low to help heal my poor nails. A fill took almost 2 hours but it was worth it, well worth it. But I am not sure if there’s really a difference between acrylics and gels in terms of durability or safety or anything. It looks likethere’s not so I may as well save half themoney lol these were my old gels back in feb before we got hit with thepandemic!

My problem was always hopping around and tbh if anything during this pandemic I learned it’s worth the time for great service and she is so so amazing.

Attachments

• 387CD462-B4F4-487A-9C17-86005564FD6C.jpeg
    387CD462-B4F4-487A-9C17-86005564FD6C.jpeg
    897.5 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back