Does anyone here use ProHesion acrylic by Harmony? I need help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missy1981

Reaction score
Geeks i desperately need your help please.
Acrylics are really stressing me out.

I have only just qualified in L&P and am using Harmony ProHesion.

I have only been doing them on myself so far, as too scared to do a real client. This is because so far every set I'm doing is just not lasting. After about 2 weeks they are lifting so badly and to the point where it's like the only thing keeping the acrylic attached is the glue that I used to put the tip in place. (I haven't mastered forms yet)

I asked my Harmony group and they said it could be my prep and cuticle work or that I'm working too wet and not pressing the acrylic firmly enough onto the nail bed.

Well I don't think it's my prep as I'm always very careful and there's definitely no cuticle left and the last set I did on myself I was so careful not to work wet. I took ages with every bead making sure it was the right ratio (I even watched fingernail fixers YouTube video on it)

I also made sure I really pressed the acrylic down onto the nail bed using the belly of my brush but still 2 weeks in they are lifting so badly.

It seems to be my pointer fingers that lift the most and it's really getting me down.

Ive got a lady wanting to book in this Thursday for a full set of acrylics but I'm too frightened to do it 😔

Help me please someone xx

Hi. Did you train with Harmony in acrylics? The reason I ask is because I didn't and really struggled years ago with ezflow and gave up. I just did some training with 1-2-1 translation to work with prohesion...and it all clicked into place. :)

Yep I trained with Harmony. I've still got one day left of my course in November as it kept getting cancelled and rescheduled.

I'm going to speak to my educator about it but wondered if anyone else had any ideas. It's really getting me down xx

I think the only way forward is to get help from ur trainer and get loads more practice before you go back for your last day. Ive only just trained with harmony too but I made sure I practice as much as possible between training. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back