Never time to get your own hair done!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solohair

Reaction score
Do you find being a hairdresser you are always doing everyone else's hair and never have time to get your own done?

I also have got into a rut with my own hair and find its just easier to keep the same style and colour as just can't think what to do next with it!

I feel as a hairdresser I should be changing it but have been and done all the different colours and styles over the years! Have now ended up with a short graduated bob which seems to suit me the best and just plain old highlights on a base 6. Pretty boring really!

Am good at advising clients but have just run out of ideas for my own lol!

Any suggestions welcome on how to liven this up a bit?

I'm also changing mine but my best friend and mum atre hairdressers so with on a quite day I go to ny mums or I end up with my friend doing each others after a bottle of wine :-o

Easiest colour wise to swap and change was pre lightened panels and just put semis over, but just bleached it all up and now bright red which I can refresh with relights so only need to get roots done (and if really need doing I can just to parting and crown my self)

Ps Im mobile when in a salon we had to wait for a quite day or lunch time or stay behind (all had keys)

Sent from my LT15i using SalonGeek

Thanks! Would love to lighten the whole lot but my shade doesn't lift enough even using high lift. Trouble is I have white hair coming through too :( so need to get that covered too so it limits me to what I can do. Am thinking about adding some fine pink slices in the front to brighten it up a bit but the trouble is getting it to hold. I guess just using temp colours would be best to add. Few flashes x

Ah predictive text!! Meant to say 'to add a few flashes' !

Someone once told me "never trust a hairdresser who's hair looks too good" apparently means they have too much time on their hands to be able to get it done and not busy enough.
Know what you mean though, I use all my ideas on clients and end up sticking to the same old style and colour.

Mines been platinum for around 7 years. I just use a semi to colour a panel under the fringe now and again for holidays etc... Iv also got a few clip in extensions in different colours I can use to add a bit of colour when I fancy it for the day (or most often nights out). It's also the only way I'm going to put black into hair haha xoxo

Someone once told me "never trust a hairdresser who's hair looks too good" apparently means they have too much time on their hands to be able to get it done and not busy enough.
Know what you mean though, I use all my ideas on clients and end up sticking to the same old style and colour.

Love it! Always feel bad on school run when I see loads of clients, started a nice collection of hats lately

Latest posts

Back