New and so slow

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrancescaH&G

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm a beauty therapy student (itec), I've finished the delivery of the course and am now on the phase of getting assessments prior to my exams.
During the holidays, I thought I would get some practice and I've offered family, friends and acquaintances facials, pedicure and manicure as a mobile therapist for a small price, just to cover my product costs.
Now the big issue is that I take way too long doing the treatments, I'm teeing to speed up, but an appointment that should take only 1.5 hours turns into a 4 hours session just for two manicures and a pedicure (counting also set up and repacking).
I'm a bit lost as I want to do things properly but also speed up.
Any advice from those who've been through this? I've been told that I can't do it perfect, but I'm reluctant accepting to do something improperly.

What do your manicure and pedicures include? Mine are an hour each but hours must be 30 minutes.

In 30 minutes i do cuticle work, shape nails and polish.

The more you do it, the quicker you will become. Keep practicing, especially polishing x

I do cuticle, shape, massage and Polish and I take at least 45 minutes. But itec wants that done in the 30 minutes. However if I add special treatments it takes even longer.
Pedicure even more time with all the water filing, changing it and so on.

I did VTCT rather than ITEC but 30mins does not seem long

The timings for VTCT are 45mins for basic, 1 hour for luxury so it might be worth double checking what exactly they expect in 30 mins

If it was me then for exams I would keep the massage short, I would also use a quick dry topcoat and base like seche vite

I did VTCT rather than ITEC but 30mins does not seem long

The timings for VTCT are 45mins for basic, 1 hour for luxury so it might be worth double checking what exactly they expect in 30 mins

If it was me then for exams I would keep the massage short, I would also use a quick dry topcoat and base like seche vite

This totally reassures me! Thank you for replying, I will double check with them

I don't know if it's still the same as when I did ITEC with the examiner walking round the room watching you but we used to do our models nails the day before so on the exam day you just go quickly through the motions and start painting asap.

ITEC is 30 mins and VTCT 45. I am going through ITEC at the mo. I agree with the post above for exam prep before. I have just completed a mock and I preped before. We are expected to mani in 30 mins in the college salon and 45 for luxury. I find it hard too!!

The main point is to pass your exams, after that when you start to do clients set up your on pace, be happy with what you do and the speed will come with practice.

Latest posts

Back