New cannibal client coming

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grace

Reaction score
hello,
Ok I have a new client coming yes a nail cannibal, her actual words when booking where. " hi I have really bitten nails and thought how lovely it would be to have nice nails, i work with horses so will have to keep my nails fairly short though"

Ahhh challenge or what a nail bitter that works with horses, my problem being well confidence, I am a real fan of faze and fabric, have not yet attended a course with creative on acrylic, and although i trained and have done acrylic I am not keen, not quite so bad with clear acrylic but no use with white and pink I just do not have the confidence in my smile lines yet.

My question being for a real nail bitter like this would it be best to use eclipse tips rather than formation and velocity and should I use Gel bond rather than the other 3 adhesives? Would also be keen to hear which system you feel is best for a nail bitter acrylic, gel (faze) or fabric?

Any help on this would be so so appreciated as i am a bit nervous.

Grace x

hiya grace
formation is definately the best choice as the nail plates will usually b flat & the side walls might b missing :shock:
you will have to take out most of the contact area & possibly shorten the side walls as the tip shouldn't cover more than 1/3 of the nat. nail (hard i know when the nail plate is only mm's long :shock: )
definately gelbond, as it will fill any gaps & gives you more time to make sure the fit is as good as u can get it.
use whichever overlay that you r more confident using.
technically all 3 systems when applied perfectly on short nails should b as strong as each other.
sometimes the surrounding skin can b very over grown up high on the nailplate, if this is the case, because it is not a gd idea to trim the flapping peices of skin (because u might draw blood & it also makes it grow back thicker & harder), it may b advisable to do thorough manicure & send her away with cuticle AHA eraser & solar oil, get her to use 2x daily & book her in 4 her new set in 1 wk time.
this will give you max. amount of nail plate to work on(always an advantage!)
lastly, make sure she understands that to enable you to maintain her nails given her hobbie, she will have to return for rebalances every 7-10 days for the 1st couplr of times, untill her nail plates have grown to a more stable length.
this will only b necc. for a little while (depending how she treats them :shock: )
ps take before & after piccies as they r great to show future canibals!
lol liza xx

Hi, Thank you so much for the reply, cor i feel less nervous now i have it straighter in my head, can i pick your brain a little further and ask which gelbond pink or normal gelbond? also which is better on the other adhesive's solar seale or speadbond, or can you use gel bond on every one?

I have only just received my catalogue and am looking to order some bits in, so want to get things correct. Problem is I like everything in the catalogue but did not win the lotto, shame hey so have to be choosy for now.

Thank you once again for the help it really is appreciated

Grace x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back