New Esthetician with waxing problem!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

La Morena

Reaction score
I only graduated esthetician training two weeks ago. I did several brazilian waxes in school with no problems. So, I obviously have limited experience in this department. I've been self employed at a salon now for two weeks.
Spring break is coming up and I am flooded with appointments for Brazilian waxes.

The first one I did went beautifully. I used mostly the blue Cirepil hard wax and Nufree with no problems.

My next appointment was a girl of the same age and I used the exact same products and it was a disaster!! I put the blue Cirepil on her labia and it just stuck...totally adhered to her skin and when I went to pull it off it turned into this stretchy silly putty. I had painted it on thick like I usually do the hard wax and there was NO getting it off.

I was embarrassed and completely dumbfounded. I tried using oil to get it off and after about 20 minutes of making her miserable I could only apologize and send her home that way.

Why did this happen?? I have close to 20 Brazilians on the appointment books for this week and am a nervous wreck wondering what will happen next! How could the first Brazilian of the day go perfectly and the very next one be a complete fail??

Please advise!

I only graduated esthetician training two weeks ago. I did several brazilian waxes in school with no problems. So, I obviously have limited experience in this department. I've been self employed at a salon now for two weeks.
Spring break is coming up and I am flooded with appointments for Brazilian waxes.

The first one I did went beautifully. I used mostly the blue Cirepil hard wax and Nufree with no problems.

My next appointment was a girl of the same age and I used the exact same products and it was a disaster!! I put the blue Cirepil on her labia and it just stuck...totally adhered to her skin and when I went to pull it off it turned into this stretchy silly putty. I had painted it on thick like I usually do the hard wax and there was NO getting it off.

I was embarrassed and completely dumbfounded. I tried using oil to get it off and after about 20 minutes of making her miserable I could only apologize and send her home that way.

Why did this happen?? I have close to 20 Brazilians on the appointment books for this week and am a nervous wreck wondering what will happen next! How could the first Brazilian of the day go perfectly and the very next one be a complete fail??

Please advise!

I'm no expert I am waiting to do my intimate waxing next month, but I have just read an article about waxing going wrong and it mentioned this situation I think it said the wax can be affected sometimes by different body heats especially around the labia so if it's too warm the wax goes sticky and is hard to remove, It mentioned putting talc on the wax to dry it out so you should be able to then remove it. Please don't take this as gospel though like I said it was an article I read. Hopefully some experienced waxers will give you some input :) xxxx

What were the steps you went through beforehand? X

Latest posts

Back