New here - training options

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rees

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I'm a 33yr male and i've always wanted to learn how to cut and style hair, so i have decided to start a college course ( part time 1 evening a week for beginners in September.

I have now been told that the NVQ Hairdressing 1 2 3 levels will be for ( full time only.

I can only do part time in college due to other commitments, so i would not be able to go (full time to do the NVQ levels required,

what can i do.

Thankyou

Hello Reesy, Well I am 36 was in the same situation last January, I could only do evenings and had to really search around for colleges that did them as they are quite rare, I did manage to find only one course that was relatively local and was thankful that I got a place. Depends where you are I suppose and how far you're prepared to travel if you find an evening course that runs a bit further away from where you are, they also want you to be based in a salon or at least have a placement one day a week too. Hope you find something and it works out for you :)

Hi Zoobaby

I have just spoken with another college thats about 6 miles away from me that is doing two ( part time evening courses.

NVQ 1 Hairdressing

NVQ 1 Barbering

I think the one that my local college is doing is just an introduction Certificate but its not at the NVQ levels, just a basic level learning you how to do shampoo, cutting and colouring.

I think i might just continue with the basic course for the time being which i have been told it costs about £158 for one full term, though i live in the ( South wales area i have today had a letter from ILA wales that said they are able to fund me my fee's so i'm happy with that. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back