New lasher looking for advice!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roberhi

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

Done my very first set of lashes today on my sister. Was really pleased with them.... until she opened her eyes looking head on you could hardly see them.

I used a J curl lash so was wondering if this is why or is it just my application?Would a C curl created more of an effect from head on.

Please have a look at tell me what you think, any criticism welcomed!x

Attachments

• Helens Lashes 001.jpg
    Helens Lashes 001.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 277
  • Helens Lashes 004.jpg
    Helens Lashes 004.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 274
  • Helens Lashes 003.jpg
    Helens Lashes 003.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 289
Come on girls, someone must have some advice??? :(

Hey- I'm fairly new too but I definately your lashes need to be closer to the lash line also looks like there are a few lashes stuck together too so you need to make sure the glue is dry before moving onto the next lash. X

Looks like there's a few stuck together, they could also be applied a little closer to the lash line and looks like you have missed quite a few :)

Thanks girls, really appreciate your comments :) Do you think them not being close enough to the lash line is why you cant really see them head on?x

What thickness did you use?

Hi yeah they're stuck together near the front which makes it seem there are fewer of them. Try using a stronger curl to give more lift at the front. This makes lashes more noticable. Good luck x

As above -
there's lots of lashes stuck together, they havent been isolated properly. That may end up with pulling natural lashes out. Once 2 or more lashes are glued together, they pull each other! Lashes grow with different 'speed' and some grow faster than the others. If you stick them together - faster lashes pull out the slower ones.. And that hurts :( They may not grow back which only means you'll lose your clients :-/
And - there's many lashes missing. Next time, dont rush, dont try to do a quick set. Do as many lashes as a person has got. 1 extensions to EACH of lashes... OK, it will take ages at the start.. but that's how it should be done. ;)

And also - J curl is the straightest curl and it gives the most natural look. Specially if someones has got naturally straight lashes -you'll get hardly no effect. Try to use C curl 0.15 thick (or maximum 0.20 - only for naturally strong and thick lashes)

Suburbandecay i used 0.20

Thanks girls really appreciate the advice. There's just soooo much to remember! Doing my second set tomorrow so will keep your comments in mind. Good job it was only my sister ha ha :) x

Latest posts

Back