New pregnancy thread

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3 days overdue now! [emoji58]

I feel like my belly can't stretch anymore! [emoji24] I've been using creams religiously to avoid stretch marks if I can but my god it feels like my stomach is going to split open its that uncomfortable. And I've Still got 8 weeks left [emoji29] on the upside 2 weeks left till I go on maternity leave then I'm starting to advertise from my home salon.
How are you all? Xx

I feel like my belly can't stretch anymore! [emoji24] I've been using creams religiously to avoid stretch marks if I can but my god it feels like my stomach is going to split open its that uncomfortable. And I've Still got 8 weeks left [emoji29] on the upside 2 weeks left till I go on maternity leave then I'm starting to advertise from my home salon.
How are you all? Xx

I have 6weeks left so we are super close! I have been super poorly with poor kidney function which is rubbish!! It's been hard to watch my girls, work and run a house!!! I have an emergency kidney scan next wed so hopefully that will give some answers!!

I hope your feeling well, other than the feeling of bursting [emoji6] I feel the same!! Xx

I have 6weeks left so we are super close! I have been super poorly with poor kidney function which is rubbish!! It's been hard to watch my girls, work and run a house!!! I have an emergency kidney scan next wed so hopefully that will give some answers!!

I hope your feeling well, other than the feeling of bursting [emoji6] I feel the same!! Xx

Oh no :( yeah I'm fine, a couple of migraines lately but I'm just being a whinger really, nothing serious is wrong with me. But aww I hope everything is okay at your scan. Not long to go now xx

Oh no :( yeah I'm fine, a couple of migraines lately but I'm just being a whinger really, nothing serious is wrong with me. But aww I hope everything is okay at your scan. Not long to go now xx

I think growing a human allows us to be wingers from time to time!! It's hard work!! Count down is on for us now - hopefully it will fly by!! Xx

How is everyone doing? I started doing a few clients here and there but started getting too busy and getting stressed out, plus iv been quite ill. So iv decided to quit my hairdressing and be a full time mummy for the foreseeable future. I feel quite sad about it as I had built up a good little business but family is more important to me. Also we want to start trying again next year and we're hoping it will happen a lot quicker than last time! X
Don't blame you , they grow up so quickly and if you can afford to be there for your children full time then go for it , wish I never went back to work after mine would have loved to have been full time mum x

Hey girls, I used this thread quite a lot when I was pregnant with no.3. Originally I was salon based and now I'm mobile and home based. I've started a blog based on my experiences as a working mum in the beauty industry. If you get a chance check it out:

https://www.facebook.com/mumsgotabeautybusiness

I would love to have no.4 in 2018 but so far hubby says no . Wishing you all well in your pregnancies xx

Been following this thread for a while now, it's been so good to hear about other peoples experience of pregnancy in this industry. I'm 23 weeks now and we're chuffed to bits after a heart breaking year last year. I'm a mobile hairdresser and I love it but lately with complications with my pregnancy and having to take time off some of my clients have been so unsympathetic and quite selfish that it's made me start resenting my job. It all come to a head yesterday when I became late after finishing a client so then put me late for all my next appointments. I got in touch with my clients to say sorry and that I'd be with them shortly, this one lady was quite rude and I apologised so much, when I got to her appointment I fainted half way through. Once I'd gathered myself together and felt ok to leave she said she was concerned about her next appointments as she did needed hair done. I walked away so upset about it a all. I popped to my midwife to get checked over, baby is fine I just need a blood test to check my iron levels. I'm taking a few days off to get some good rest but yet again after explaining why to clients all they reply is so when can you get me back in? I've got this on this date etc. feeling a little low and annoyed that I'm letting them bother me xxx

How is everyone doing? I started doing a few clients here and there but started getting too busy and getting stressed out, plus iv been quite ill. So iv decided to quit my hairdressing and be a full time mummy for the foreseeable future. I feel quite sad about it as I had built up a good little business but family is more important to me. Also we want to start trying again next year and we're hoping it will happen a lot quicker than last time! X

Aww that's lovely your thinking of another already. I'm sure you'll be able to pick up in some time when/if you eventually want to go back. Your health & family are more important.
This is what I worry about. I'm going on mat leave from my day job and I'm trying to use the next 8 months to get my home salon up and running so I don't have to go back.
I'm just worried I'm maybe taking on too much when there's Going to be another little one in the house.
I'm wondering how I'm going to juggle clients appointments, babysitters etc. I'd love to take time off completely but we bought our first house a year ago and I know my husband is feeling the pressure of my reduction in pay already as my maternity money is going to be rubbish . [emoji20] argh I don't know. I'm sure it will all work out I know many people do it, it's just stressing me out Xx

Hi everyone

Haven't been on in a while. Hope everyone is well.

Cheekychic and Isabellamae we are close together I've 8 weeks left.

Cheekychic I know what you mean about stretching my belly button is going to pop out! I have lots of strectch marks under my bump I can't see them so thought I'd escaped but boyfriend pointed them out. Last night he announced there was more but he loves them and doesn't mind so I don't mind having them.

Isabellamae sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well not long to go now have you managed to keep the secret xxx

Hi everyone

Haven't been on in a while. Hope everyone is well.

Cheekychic and Isabellamae we are close together I've 8 weeks left.

Cheekychic I know what you mean about stretching my belly button is going to pop out! I have lots of strectch marks under my bump I can't see them so thought I'd escaped but boyfriend pointed them out. Last night he announced there was more but he loves them and doesn't mind so I don't mind having them.

Isabellamae sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well not long to go now have you managed to keep the secret xxx

I can't see underneath I didn't think of that [emoji23] I'll have to grab a mirror lol.
If I get them I get them it's not the end of the world. I just thought I'd try and prevent it a little. But to be honest I'm getting so fed up of smelling like a coconut [emoji19] xx

Mrs large lashes congrats on your blog will definitely be following.

Helen Faye that's awful I feel upset on your behalf. Chin up don't mind them it's hard when people don't understand. I suffered awful morning sickness and one of my friends have out to me and said what I was experiencing was NORMAL she wrote it like that in a message as if she was shouting. She told me I was lucky to be pregnant when so many people couldn't be. At the time I was also on meds for depression doc said was safe. I never said I wasn't lucky I was just going through a hard time. We don't talk anymore. People who love and care for you won't be like that xxx

I can't see underneath I didn't think of that [emoji23] I'll have to grab a mirror lol.
If I get them I get them it's not the end of the world. I just thought I'd try and prevent it a little. But to be honest I'm getting so fed up of smelling like a coconut [emoji19] xx
I know I'm using coconut too lol and it's such an effort after every shower to be lathering on creams!!xxx

Been following this thread for a while now, it's been so good to hear about other peoples experience of pregnancy in this industry. I'm 23 weeks now and we're chuffed to bits after a heart breaking year last year. I'm a mobile hairdresser and I love it but lately with complications with my pregnancy and having to take time off some of my clients have been so unsympathetic and quite selfish that it's made me start resenting my job. It all come to a head yesterday when I became late after finishing a client so then put me late for all my next appointments. I got in touch with my clients to say sorry and that I'd be with them shortly, this one lady was quite rude and I apologised so much, when I got to her appointment I fainted half way through. Once I'd gathered myself together and felt ok to leave she said she was concerned about her next appointments as she did needed hair done. I walked away so upset about it a all. I popped to my midwife to get checked over, baby is fine I just need a blood test to check my iron levels. I'm taking a few days off to get some good rest but yet again after explaining why to clients all they reply is so when can you get me back in? I've got this on this date etc. feeling a little low and annoyed that I'm letting them bother me xxx

That client sounds awful. Be honest. Say you haven't kept well but your doing what you can. Tell her your lovely clients have been very understanding and it's much appreciated. Make her realise she is being insensitive!

Good clients will stick with you and follow you to the ends of the earth. You and your babies health comes first. If certain clients are having a negative impact sack them!

After having my baby and my salon got flooded I found out with friends and clients who was genuinely worth keeping in my personal and professional life. I now work 3 days a week with only the most reliable fabulous loyal clients.

Stay positive and start taking control of your business xx

Does anyone have any experience with evening primrose oil and pregnancy?? Orally or internally?? Always been one to think things will be what they will be but this seems to have good press for helping 'ripen' cervix, bring down labour time and help reducing the risk of tearing? Xx

Does anyone have any experience with evening primrose oil and pregnancy?? Orally or internally?? Always been one to think things will be what they will be but this seems to have good press for helping 'ripen' cervix, bring down labour time and help reducing the risk of tearing? Xx
I was told about massaging in between your vigina and back passage with olive oil when I had my first, I didn't tear or had to be cut. Will be doing it again this time too xx

So I saw the midwife today! I have been saying the baby is very low for a while - today the midwife confirmed and her words were 'let's try to make it to 37weeks!' [emoji15][emoji15] I know she could be totally wrong however, all of a sudden I have the realisation that labour is on its way!!!!!

So I saw the midwife today! I have been saying the baby is very low for a while - today the midwife confirmed and her words were 'let's try to make it to 37weeks!' [emoji15][emoji15] I know she could be totally wrong however, all of a sudden I have the realisation that labour is on its way!!!!!

Oh that's exciting!! How are you feeling? Have you your bags all packed? Are you planning epidural? Xxx

Oh that's exciting!! How are you feeling? Have you your bags all packed? Are you planning epidural? Xxx

It's scary!! I am all of a sudden very scared of labour!! No 3 so I know exactly what I'm letting myself in for [emoji85] packed bag this afternoon!! No I'm more of a gas and air girl if anything !! Xx

Latest posts

Back